What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

syncing ipad with microsoft outlook

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Yes, though it's not the method I recommend.

With your iPad connected to the computer select it in the Devices list in iTunes. Go to the Info section (top of page link). You will see sections where you can enable and select contact and calendar syncing. The iPad and computer will only be updated when you sync them. If you make changes to the same even/contact on both before syncing you will have to resolve the conflict when you initialize the sync.

Do not choose anything in the Advanced section at the bottom of the page unless you want everything already on the iPad (for that type of data) to be erased.

What I recommend is getting a Google account instead, and setting your Outlook to sync with it. Once that is done you can add the Google account to your iPad as an Exchange account and sync it to Google as well.

The advantages are that all your devices and computer sync to a source that gets updated almost immediately when you make a change. That way you don't have to worry about when you did the last sync, and conflicts are very rare. You can also get to your information if you have access to any computer and a browser.

You are on your own setting up Outlook, though I know it is possible I don't have Outlook. To set up the iPad use the following instructions.

Setting up Google Sync with your iOS device : Google Sync (ActiveSync) - Google Mobile Help

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
If you are using outlook for work, ask your IT department if they are using Microsoft Exchange for Outlook.

If they are, your best option would be to go into the mail setting on the iPad and add a new email account for Microsoft Exchange. You may need to get some info from the IT department like the Exchange Server address and domain name in order to set it up. After doing this your emails, contacts, and calendar will all show up instantly. Changing a contact or calendar event on the iPad will instantly update your desktop and vise-versa.

I work for the Public School system and set this up all the time for teachers and administrators.

Most reactions