What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Syncing iPad with iTunes HELP!!!!

Kiddance

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am a recent new ipad user and I love it so far. I finally got around to downloading the newest OS version through iTunes. Now when I'm syncing my iPad, about 200 songs have not downloaded onto my iPad. It will say "songs" was not downloaded because file could not be read from or written to. Then I get the infamous, The ipad "XXX ipad" cannot be synced. The disk could not be read from or written to." And then "Attempting to copy to the disk "XXX" iPad failed. The disk could not be read from or written to." I Am only snycing music and videos, thats it. HELP! I need all my songs, I haven't tried resetting to factory settings but if I have to I will.

Nakedbabytoes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did you do anything to their placement in your computer? My hubby likes to rearrange our files sometimes and if he even changes one thing, iTunes plays dumb & can't find them for the sync. Since it's 200 ish songs, my guess is that a folder where they are at got moved/renamed/messed with & that iTunes can't find them now. I would find out what they have in common & go from there.

OP
K

Kiddance

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't move my music anywhere. I use playlists to organize what I want to hear. My playlists show up but some of the albums didn't show up. Most of the albums are my most recent purchases. I tried just syncing just checked playlists but still the same result. I shouldnt have to buy them again when I already did! Arrggh.

ed_247realty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am syncing my ipad to my windows XP itunes version 10.4 and no music uploads to my ipad. the video and song I purchased with ipad moves to windows itunes but not the reverse.

Jockscrap

iPF Novice
Reaction score
ed_247realty said:
I am syncing my ipad to my windows XP itunes version 10.4 and no music uploads to my ipad. the video and song I purchased with ipad moves to windows itunes but not the reverse.

Have you got the settings set to manually manage music? If so, you'll need to drag and drop your music from your pc's iTunes over to the iPad.

OP
K

Kiddance

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The problem ended up that the songs that didnt sync were the onesi bought through iTunes. So I just re-downloaded them on my iPad and everything else worked.

Most reactions

Latest posts