What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Syncing IPAD Calendar's between two Ipad's

unclebean

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just purchased my first Ipad so I'm very new to this. I work hand in hand with my pastor & his wife who are also Ipad users (i have an ipad2 - they have ipad's). I'm creating a church calendar on my ipad. Is there a way to share my calendar with them? I've been told there's no other way and was referred to use google calendar to sync them all. I dont like google calender though - not nearly as classy and easy to use. Please give me good news on how I can share between the 3 ipad's!!! Lovin my ipad :D

OP
U

unclebean

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank You for this lead! I'll definitely be checking it out. *keeping fingers crossed*

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You can share calendars via iCloud if both people have an iCloud account. You have to visit icloud.com and click on the little share button to the right of the calendar.

As noted in the link Gabriel shared you can also use Google calendars to do this, and they will sync with the native Calendar app. If you are going to have more than one calendar it is best to set the Google account up as an Exchange account.

Setting up Google Sync with your iOS device - Google Mobile Help

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
You can share calendars via iCloud if both people have an iCloud account. You have to visit icloud.com and click on the little share button to the right of the calendar.

As noted in the link Gabriel shared you can also use Google calendars to do this, and they will sync with the native Calendar app. If you are going to have more than one calendar it is best to set the Google account up as an Exchange account.

Setting up Google Sync with your iOS device - Google Mobile Help

Great call Wizard Twerppoet! Either I missed the sharing part with iCloud or I saw it and forgot!

The Archangel

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
Great call Wizard Twerppoet! Either I missed the sharing part with iCloud or I saw it and forgot!

The Archangel

I had to have it pointed out to me as well. Saw it in a how-to article I stumbled across.

AdrianCla

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
I had to have it pointed out to me as well. Saw it in a how-to article I stumbled across.

Thanks for this guys, your posts are really helpful.
I have imported from Google through Exchange and setup my calendar, however my family share Google Calendar with each other so we can keep organized. I am only able to see my Calendar in the iOS app. Is there some way of bringing across the other ones I can see in Google Calendar without getting them individually to log onto my iPad?

Thanks.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Have them send you a share link from their Google Calendar site. You should join it from your Google Calendar site, so view and click on the link from a computer, or it might work with if you visit GMail via Safari on the iPad. I haven't tested that.

Once you can see it on the Google Site, go back to the link I posted earlier and follow the instructions under the tab about multiple calendars.

I'm pretty sure that will work

Depending on how they choose to share the calendar you will have view only, view and modify, or view modify and manage sharing. Up to you guys how much permissions are set. The permissions are set on the Google Calendar site by clicking he little arrow next to the calendar and choosing sharing.

AdrianCla

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
Have them send you a share link from their Google Calendar site. You should join it from your Google Calendar site, so view and click on the link from a computer, or it might work with if you visit GMail via Safari on the iPad. I haven't tested that.

Once you can see it on the Google Site, go back to the link I posted earlier and follow the instructions under the tab about multiple calendars.

I'm pretty sure that will work

Depending on how they choose to share the calendar you will have view only, view and modify, or view modify and manage sharing. Up to you guys how much permissions are set. The permissions are set on the Google Calendar site by clicking he little arrow next to the calendar and choosing sharing.

We have the shared calenders set up already, and they display nicely in Safari.
I am unable to view the "Other Calendars" in my list. I have followed the instructions and set up an exchange account (I had only had a google previously) with no success. I can get them to display if the other family members (there are 4 of us) sign into my iPad and iPhone, but then we can share email and contacts, not always advisable if they set the same up on their devices considering some of the stuff my mates send.

I was looking for a way for the other shared calendars to display.

thanks

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
To be absolutely clear, so I know what's happening.

As per the supplied link: When you go to "http://m.google.com/" in Safari on the iPad and select your device, you should see a list of all the calendars you can view on your Googles Calendar account on the website. Select the ones you want to see in the Calendar app.

Or do you not see the shared calendars here?

AdrianCla

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
To be absolutely clear, so I know what's happening.

As per the supplied link: When you go to Google Mobile in Safari on the iPad and select your device, you should see a list of all the calendars you can view on your Googles Calendar account on the website. Select the ones you want to see in the Calendar app.

Or do you not see the shared calendars here?

Yes, i can see all the calendars in Google Mobile through Safari, I am not sure what you mean by select my device though. Do I have a user interface error?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No, that is not what I am talking about. But it is my fault. I did not double check the link, and the instructions are not as clear as I remembered them being. The've been changed since the last time I did this myself.

The actual link should be m.google.com/sync (I've left out the http prefix so that you can see it to type in, instead of the forum automatically formatting the link as clickable text, you don't need to type in the prefix for it to work, anyway.)

In Safari on the iPad (or other iOS device), go to the link. It's not a link to your calendars. It is a link to manage what calendars sync with your mobile devices. After you sign in to Google (if necessary) you will see a list of your iOS devices (if you have set up more than one). Select your iPad. You should thens see a list of all your own and subscribed Google calendars, with check boxes next to them. Check the ones you want to sync, then click on save at the bottom of the page.

AdrianCla

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
No, that is not what I am talking about. But it is my fault. I did not double check the link, and the instructions are not as clear as I remembered them being. The've been changed since the last time I did this myself.

The actual link should be m.google.com/sync (I've left out the http prefix so that you can see it to type in, instead of the forum automatically formatting the link as clickable text, you don't need to type in the prefix for it to work, anyway.)

In Safari on the iPad (or other iOS device), go to the link. It's not a link to your calendars. It is a link to manage what calendars sync with your mobile devices. After you sign in to Google (if necessary) you will see a list of your iOS devices (if you have set up more than one). Select your iPad. You should thens see a list of all your own and subscribed Google calendars, with check boxes next to them. Check the ones you want to sync, then click on save at the bottom of the page.

That is exactly what I was looking for.

Thank you very much. All works perfectly.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Good to know. You're welcome. I'm sorry I didn't manage to communicate it more clearly the first time.

But next time I'll know to add some caveats when posting the link. ;)

Most reactions

Latest posts