What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Syncing IPad 2 in iTunes

sola_bristol

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since I updated to the new iTunes the iTunes program doesn't "show" the Ipad when connected to the PC. I get a message on the IPad asking if I trust this PC and I confirm I do but IPad doesn't become visible. This is the home PC for this IPad and it has previously synced with it. I have tried wi-fi syncing and although it lists its home PC and says it will sync with it when it is connected to it, it doesn't seem to recognise it as its home PC nor can it be told to trust it. I have tried an iCloud backup and that worked fine. I haven't changed the ID or name of the home PC. Any ideas on what's going wrong?

OP
S

sola_bristol

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will check your link but I have already tried all the things you indicate. I did get iTunes to "see" the IPad and start syncing with it but before it got too far a message came up saying "looking for IPad" which held the screen for 20 secs and then the visibility disappeared. It did this twice though each time I had to re-start iTunes and I've tried a couple of times since without success. I have 2 cables and tried them both and from different USBs though explorer sees the IPad and I did succeed with an iCloud backup. Curiously, the "safely remove hardware" facility in the tray failed to see the IPad

Most reactions

Latest posts