What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Syncing Google Contacts

Skeeter5249

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do I sync my google contacts list into my ipad contacts. I've tried everything I can and can't figure it out.

Dennykrane

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi
When I set up my 3 email accounts on my iPad/iPhone , I found that iCloud synced and merged them all for me, as long as you set what you want syncing in the iCloud settings.

OP
S

Skeeter5249

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. I set it up in icloud to sync thru gmail and that didn't work either.

OP
S

Skeeter5249

iPF Noob
Reaction score
glk said:
Download the app Contacts Sync for Gmail. This will move and sync any groups you created in your gmail contacts.

Thanks for your post. After searching all the other threads I found a post that suggested that. It might of been one of your other posts I'm not sure. It works perfect. It won't automatically sync when you connect to ITunes, you have to sync manually through the app. If you don't add a lot of contacts it's not a problem you just have to remember to do it yourself.

dwian1771

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Set up your GMail account on the iPad as an Exchange account (instead of the default method).

It won't retain your labels/groups, but the contacts themselves will sync.

Ive tried this multiple times, to the point I was frustrated beyond even trying. It doesn't work. It keeps asking for the password, and when I enter the CORRECT password, case sensative and all, it won't work. It only displays maybe 5 contacts in gmail. I spent over an HOUR this morning putting contacts in only to come to this point. At this point, I'm very fed up with the ipad and wishing I had an android tablet instead. I don't understand why it's asking for my password, then claiming it's wrong, when I know 100% it is correct.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I dont' know why either, but this works for the vast majority of GMail users, so it's not a common iPad problem. Something else going on. Hold in mind that only contacts that show up under My Contacts on the website will work. Labels are not supported, and neither are Circles from Google +.

Google just added a CalDAV server a few weeks ago. You could try syncing your contacts that way instead. The same limitations apply.

https://www.google.com/calendar/iphoneselect

Most reactions