What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Syncing Email

dhinden

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I read an email on my Mac (yahoo and gmail) it still shows as "unread" on my iPad and vice versa when I open first on iPad. Is there any way that this can be automatically synced?

OP
dhinden

dhinden

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks!! I've changed the Yahoo to IMAP and now when I read an email first on iPad it shows as read when subsequently read on Mac; however, when first read on Mac it still shows up as unread on iPad. Also, read gmails (which is already set up as IMAP) still show up as unread in both directions. So I'm a quarter of the way there!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It can take the iPad a few seconds to catch up with what is on the server. My emails often s how unread for up to half a minute before they update. Emails deleted on the Mac may take that long to be removed from the iPad's inbox as well.

If all else fails, try taping the reload icon at the bottom of the inbox

Also, go into Settings >> Mail, Contacts, Calendars and make sure the account is set for push. Go all the way to the advanced settings to be sure.

Most reactions