What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

syncing edits of music back to computer

Spielor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi!

could anyone tell me if it is possible to

1. rate tracks (music) on the ipad and sync the ratings back? i spend hours in the tube listening to tracks and it would be great to be able to rate them as i surely cant remember the names and then sync it back to my itunes library?

2. smehow get covers using the ipad and its internet connection (mainly downloading covers at discogs)

cheers
jens

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you are rating tracks on the iPad they will update the iTunes library ratings every time you sync, as long as those tracks are also on the computer.

If the tracks are not on the computer then right click on your iPad in iTunes and choose Transfer to Computer. This will move all files that were purchased on the iPad into your iTunes library. If you are normally syncing your music with iTunes, it is a good idea to do this every now and then. It will help insure that you don't loose music if for some reason iTunes overwrites the iPad.

The easiest way to get cover art is to do it in iTunes on the computer and then sync. You can automatically add cover art to you tracks in iTunes by going to the Advanced menu and choosing Get Album Artwork. In some cases, when you've added music not available from the iTunes Store, it may not find any. In that case you can right click on the song and choose Get Info. There is an artwork tab in the pop-up window, you can add your own artwork there.

Last edited:

Most reactions