What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Syncing contacts

JanetS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi i'm new to iPad 2 I have an itouch but haven't looked at it since I got my new toy, can I sync my contacts from my mail server yahoo.co.uk and Facebook to store in my iPad.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi i'm new to iPad 2 I have an itouch but haven't looked at it since I got my new toy, can I sync my contacts from my mail server yahoo.co.uk and Facebook to store in my iPad.

Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

I noted your question about syncing contacts. Yes - I know it's possible, but I'm probably not the best person to advise you. The guy who knows about this, twerppoet, lives on the West Coast of the US so he's asleep now if he has any sense, but I'm sure he'll give you some help later. Plus you'll get lots of advice from other members.

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

It’s free too.

Tim
Scotland

OP
J

JanetS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your super quick response, I will check out the manual and look forward to hearing from others.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm up, but not for much longer.

I don't know of anyway to sync to the Contacts app with Yahoo or Facebook. I'll take a look tomorrow and see if I can find anything.

OP
J

JanetS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cheers also what is a good app for word processing. Enjoy your sleep

Reaction score
This is a somewhat tricky predicament you are in, but let's see, how far we can get before getting stuck.

For syncing Yahoo contacts with your iPad, you could to the following:

1.Connect your iPad to your computer.

2. Open iTunes and Select the Info tab.
Select Sync Address Book contacts For Mac users. Or select Sync contacts from and then choose Yahoo! Address Book from the pop-up menu For PC users.

3.Then Select the groups you want to sync.

This should sync all yahoo contacts. There doesn't seem to be a way of adding Facebook contacts directly. But there is a work-around: Create another Yahoo account. Once you have entered all your details, it asks you to import existent contacts, choose to import from Facebook, then follow the above procedure for importing from yahoo, again.

For more details, you can take a look here:
http://apple-ipad-tablet-help.blogspot.com/2010/03/how-to-sync-yahoo-address-book-with.html
http://www.maciverse.com/import-your-facebook-friends-email-to-address-book.html

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Yeah! off the hook. I'm on the road today and was feeling kind of guilty for not being able to look into this promptly. Thanks!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks twerppoet and DontUnderstandMyIpad....

You got me off the hook too....

Tim
Scotland

thampiverghese

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did all that.It asked for yahoo ID and PW.Then it said contacting yahoo,Nothing happens after that and no contacts sent to i-pad. please help.Thank you.

SaberOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Though I'm sure this guy's videos are great I see the topics are pretty basic stuff. Frankly, if someone wants to pre-study for their iPad delivery and has the time to read the iPad2 User Guide (downloadable) combined with this forum, then you could save the 97-bucks for some other toy. :eek:

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts