What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Syncibng Erases Podcast Titles

Tom March

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been downloading video podcasts to my Ipad over the past few days.

I got a bunch of lightroom, golf, and travel clips.

They worked well until this morning when I synced my ipad.

Whereas before under each title I would have the subject of that clip ( "Florence" or "Creating Presets" ) now all I get is this as an episode name "itunes" "video_itunes.xml", "rss"

This is useless. Who cares what the file type is. I want to know the name of the episode.

I have 30 episodes of Rick Steves titled "video_itunes.xml" Good luck with that!

OP
Tom March

Tom March

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here is the difference between before syncing and after

Attachments

• image-3135670433.png
    image-3135670433.png
    326.3 KB · Views: 208

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
That is weird. No idea why they changed, but you should be able to change them back.

Go into iTunes on the computer, find the podcast, right click and choose Get Info. In the Info tab you should be able to check the name and change it if it is incorrect. Check through the other tabs and see if anything else seems odd or incorrect.

Sync the iPad.

If that does not work I'm not sure what would.

OP
Tom March

Tom March

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Plan B - I deleted all the podcasts and through ITunes on my desktop I went in and downloaded a sample of the video podcasts. It seems to sync o k now.

Having set up the sync settings in iTunes I am going to once again download some from the tins store via the iPad

(I noticed that the podcasts that I had on my iPad did not show up on the desktop library.)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Glad you got it worked out.

I've never tried syncing podcasts from the IPad back to iTunes, but if they act like other media you may need to right click on the iPad under the Devices list and choose Transfer Purchases.

oklahomapete

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have had the same problem. Deleted and resubscribed to restore titles but don't plan on resyncing until I see why this happened.

OP
Tom March

Tom March

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Again, I tried doing the "transfer to computer" before a sync and that did not help.

Very frustrating

Most reactions

Latest posts