What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Synchronising iPad and iPhone

bucibeci

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I recently got an iPad2, but I have had an iPhone for a bit more than a year. Is there any way I can synchronise my calendar and contacts without the use of a computer?

OP
bucibeci

bucibeci

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a google account, but then how can I move all my contacts and calendar dates from my phone to google?

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org
On the iphone, in the mail ans contact settings, just create a Google mail account. It will sync mail, contacts ans calendar automatically. Make sure that you set Google as your default account.

For the iPad, there is a little twist... Create a Google mail account, it will give you mail, calendar and notes. For contacts, you'll have to add an Exchange account using the server m.google.com as the exchange server. Just enable contacts for this account since everything else will be manage by the Google account.

That's it! Make sure that your default account is Google/Exchange for the contacts and not the local device.

VicoPad addict!

OP
bucibeci

bucibeci

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok great! Ill try it out. I have a MacBook and a HP pavillion. The MacBook is old, but its one of the black ones so i dont have the heart to stop using it.
Thanks for the help!

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok great! Ill try it out. I have a MacBook and a HP pavillion. The MacBook is old, but its one of the black ones so i dont have the heart to stop using it.
Thanks for the help!

well on your macbook, you can add the same gmail account to ical, and sync with that too, you don't have to use the browser.
ical-shot.jpg

Most reactions

Latest posts