What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

synching pc and ipad

santiagol

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi
Am a new ipad owner and want to be able to use it for work. I want to be able to access my docs on pc from ipad and edit and save and synch with pc from ipad. So far I have installed dropbox on both and have purchased quickoffice app for ipad. I can synch from pc to ipad no problem but cant work out how to do the reverse. when i edit in quickoffice I cant see a way to save back to dropbox? Am I missing something? Is there a more efficient way to achieve what I need?
Thanks

ArtistCece

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm also new to iPad.....how did you sync from pc to iPad ? I have several folders of tattoo flash on my pc but would like to put into folders on iPad, also what about like Microsoft word ? Or an anti virus ...have you figured those out....

voltair

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It seems that in order to reply to this topic including, I've got to spam the topics with worthless posts or refrain from posting replies containing urls.

So, I suggest you install the following program and their iPad opposites:

PC Teamviewer & iPad Teamviewer it's the easiest to understand and get to grips with, what's more both are free! If you don't get on with that program, you could install Skype on your desktop followed by of course, Skype on your ipad both seem to work well as far as I've been able to work out.

HTH

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
santiagol said:
Hi
Am a new ipad owner and want to be able to use it for work. I want to be able to access my docs on pc from ipad and edit and save and synch with pc from ipad. So far I have installed dropbox on both and have purchased quickoffice app for ipad. I can synch from pc to ipad no problem but cant work out how to do the reverse. when i edit in quickoffice I cant see a way to save back to dropbox? Am I missing something? Is there a more efficient way to achieve what I need?
Thanks

I use Dropbox and Quickoffice. I'm assuming it's a new document you are creating. When you click to Close, you get options to Save or Save As, etc. I click Save As. You will then be asked to name your document. In that screen, click on your Dropbox account on the left hand side, which will open up your Dropbox folder. When you name the document and save, it will save directly to Dropbox.

Note that if you don't see the Dropbox folder listed on the left, you have not yet connected Quickoffice to your Dropbox account. You can do that by touching the plus symbol in the bottom left of the screen. It lists all comparable cloud storage options, of which Dropbox is one.

ethansamuel17

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.hbipadlabs.com

Most reactions