What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Synching Multiple iPads to Have Identical Home Screens

jonathon.cusack

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I've done a bit of search through the forums and can't actually find an answer to my question so I do apologise if it's been asked before. :)

I currently work in a school and have 11 iPads. One is the administrator and 10 are the ones of the class. What I want to do is set up my Admin iPad and have all the other iPads become a clone in terms of icons and icon position. The data can stay on each individual iPad. We have over 150 apps and we do not have time to spend moving each app icon to the right place so that a student can find it in the right place.

In other words, how do I make 11 iPads appear the same? :confused:

Thanks in Advance :)

Jonathon

OP
J

jonathon.cusack

iPF Noob
Reaction score
But then won't I erase the data that is on the other iPads? Such as photos and any other app data.

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
Oh They've already got data on? Not sure then. They would all need to be syncing to the same library anyway for my idea to work and not sure how you have them setup in a educational environment.

OP
J

jonathon.cusack

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmm, OK, well I can do that for sure, restore from the back up of the admin one, but that means I can only do that once if I don't want to erase the data. But is there another App that can just clone a home screen which will put the icons in place on the other apps? That would be gold for me.

Raffaele

iPF Noob
Reaction score
trolley that charges and syncs multiple iPads, from UK

I know for certain that this company is working on a trolley (which is also a safe on wheels) that charges and syncs iPads, they have a model for 20 and one for 30 iPads.
I work in an Education/research academy and we are looking into replacing laptops with iPads for our meetings, and need a quick solutions to keep all the iPads in sync. Apparently all the iPads would be able to sync with iTunes on the same 1 account.
Problem is we want to have a demo on this product but still haven't obtain it, I guess the product is still on development.
It's an UK company.
Are you from UK?
The other use I would make for the iPads it would be for our Lecture Hall to use them as Comfort Monitor. The most impressive app I have used so far is Splashtop, which streams HD (1920x1200 to my iPhone....mad!) and sound, but I need to find an app that can have multiple viewers (iPads in this instance) that connect to the one server (mac or PC).
I'm very surprised that none of the major apps : VNC, Splashtop etc do offer this feature.

jbarrettsrq

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DefBref said:
Restore them all from the same backup?

I tried this but it does not work they wind up all over the place also doesn't reset the wallpaper
Actually if they are synced through one account is easier but restoring completely resets everything as it should but it is confusing to then go in and rename each one.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts