What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Synching iPad with new MacBook Air?

TonyR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a new MacBook Air to replace my ageing trusty Vaio. If I connect my iPad or iPhone to it it implies that the currently blank iTunes will overwrite the iPad contents if I sync. So is there a way to force a sync the other way so the iPad contents overwrite iTunes? I found a programme iMacsoft that claims to do it but the free version is limited to 100 files and the paid one is a bit expensive for a one off requirement.

Reaction score
Well, you can transfer all purchased items.

First you need to activate iTunes on the MBA under Store->Authorize this computer, than connect the iPad, right click on it in iTunes and select Transfer Purchases.

It will copy all apps.

For music and videos, you would be better of to copy them onto an external hard drive and then import onto the MBA.

OP
T

TonyR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Seems rather a faff. Do Apple not expect people to replace their computers while keeping their iPad?

Most reactions

Latest posts