What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Synching iPad to different PC's

stevei

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have iTunes on different PC's located 700 miles apart. One is the primary PC, the other the remote.

I just bought an album and downloaded it to the remote PC and want to transfer it to the iPad. When I try I get a message saying that the IPad library will be erased if I complete the transfer since the primary PC is already the library of record.

I have a movie rental on the iPad that will be erased if I proceed.

Any suggestions on how to transfer the album without deleting the rental.

Vatsl0x

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Right click on Steve's iPad(or whatever your iPad is called) and click on 'transfer purchases'. All the content on your iPad will be transferred to the new computer. THEN sync your iPad. Hope this helps....

OP
S

stevei

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Right click on Steve's iPad(or whatever your iPad is called) and click on 'transfer purchases'. All the content on your iPad will be transferred to the new computer. THEN sync your iPad. Hope this helps....
Thanks for this, but it doesn't solve my problem.
I bought an album on iTunes and it's on the PC that I want synched to the iPad.
If I synch it, I get a message that it will erase everything on the iPad including a movie rental I haven't viewed. The message says I'll have to rent it again. It's not that big a deal, but I'd rather avoid buying it again if I can.

The movie is not on iTunes on the PC, so it appears they're right about having to buy it again.

Can I transfer the movie to iTunes on the PC and then do the synch?

Most reactions

Latest posts