What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Synching Contacts/Windows 7 to Touch/Ipad

bap11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have 4 PCs in my home and 2 Ipod Touches for family members. I absolutely love the Touch for its instant-on capabilities to check emails/stock prices/googling while on the couch watching TV. I recently updated to Windows 7 and Live Mail, and lost my ability to transfer contacts from my Windows 7 PC to my Touch. I'm assuming I'll have the same problem with the IPAD which I pre-ordered.

Do I really have to re-enter hundreds of contacts into the Touch and the IPAD? Does anyone know of a solution? I do not have Microsoft Outlook, but I do have a Microsoft Live email account (I'm not sure why - my son put it on there for me for some reason).

When I go to synch, everything appears fine until I check my Touch and see that the contacts have NOT transferred at all. Is there some 3rd party software that handles Windows 7 transfers to the Touch and the IPAD, which, btw, I can't wait to get? I'm not a techie so I may not be doing this right, but beats the hell out of me, why not.

rob the elder

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You did not say what OS you were running when the sync was working ok for you.

If you migrated from XP to 7 then you had to do a rebuild and lost all your XP apps and data unless you saved them off somewhere or went to a new system drive. In which case you should try running the aps in win7 compatibility mode and see if it does the job.

If you went from XP to 7 and compatibility mode does not solve the problem, you can upgrade to Ultimate or Professional and run any XP app
Windows Virtual PC: Home Page

If you went from Vista to Win7 then you theoretically did not have to do a system build, but even then you may be having troubles with "old" Vista apps that might yield to running them in compatibility mode.

I have taken 2 machines from Vista to win7 and retained all my old apps functionality. I took my primary gaming machine to win7 on a new SDD after moving all my apps to a secondary Raptor. Once I rebuilt the links, everything runs fine.

Good luck

Most reactions