What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Synced and updated: Now apps and data are gone!

eat2much

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Last night I synced my ipad and afterwards updated to the newest os. I noticed that when I synced it told me that I didn't have ibook but didn't give it much thought. Same thing when I did the update, no ibook.
To make a long story short all of my apps paid and unpaid are gone as are about a half dozen books on the kindle app.

Any ideas as to what I can do, if anything, to restore paid apps and find my books?

Purpleorchid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Updating to 3.2.1 should not have erased anything. If your iPad is currently in a "brand new" state, you can try a restore.

In any case, you can easily go to the App Store to download your apps again for free at any time. Once you paid for them once, they're yours.

I assume titles in iBooks are the same way, but I have only downloaded free books so far. You'll have to wait on verification from someone else.

OP
E

eat2much

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The problem is while I see my apps on itunes, none of the books seem to have been backed up...

Purpleorchid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
When you connect the iPad to iTunes, did you set up what you wanted to sync? When you said you see your apps in iTunes, it leads me to think that you haven't set up what you want to sync.

When the iPad is connected to iTunes, look for the iPad listed on the left. Click it. That will give you the iPad syncing control screen on the right. There you should see seveal tabs for Summary, Info, Apps, Movies, Music, Photos, etc. Go through those tabs and select what you want to sync. (You may have to go through Preferences to add Books as a tab). Then resync.

There are lots of help videos on Apple.com and there is also a User Guide bookmark in Safari on the iPad.

OP
E

eat2much

iPF Noob
Reaction score
many thanks for the advice. Problem solved!

Most reactions

Latest posts