What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sync

jaba123

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sync mean to make backup on computer? And second issue is when I go sync folder thro setting its shows to different date what it's meant does we attached two times on PC or its make backup the data on same device on board.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Sync means to synchronize your iTunes media files on the iPad with the libraries in iTunes on the computer: Music, movies, books, apps, etc. You control what gets synced to the iPad with the settings for each category. You can force iTunes media on the iPad to sync back to the computer using the Transfer item under the Files > Devices menu.

Backup is a separate action, that backs up your settings, camera roll, and the contents of various other apps. It does not backup your iTuns media or the apps themselves. What gets backed up by iTunes is entirely up to Apple and the app developer.

iTunes may or may not synchronize and do a backup automatically when you plug the iPad in. Again, it depends on your settings. You can do just a sync, a backup and sync, or neither.

The manual sync/apply (button at the bottom of the iTunes screen when iPad is plugged in) only syncs the iPad. It does not do a backup.

By the way, your written English has improved a lot since you first posted here. Congratulations. I'm envious. I've never managed to get past a few simple phrases when I attempt to learn a new language.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
By the way, your written English has improved a lot since you first posted here. Congratulations. I'm envious. I've never managed to get past a few simple phrases when I attempt to learn a new language.

@ TP - excellent & concise explanation concerning 'sync vs. backup' - BUT, I can relate to your concluding statement above and also congratulate our OP on his or her improving English ability! :)

I had 4 courses Spanish as an undergrad in the 1960s - could read well and not too bad at speaking back then - decades later, I've deteriorated to being able to order two beers or ask where the bathroom is at! :D Dave

OP
jaba123

jaba123

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thats because all of u freinds and specially a teacher on that forum. I learn lot thanks but still a sign of L on me. As like learn driver. Back to topic and what about different date show is this only for our knowledge. Or it contained device space.

OP
jaba123

jaba123

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Back on borad (device) or on PC also it's date sign it's say photo sync will resume when it's (my old PC name) will connected. Now if I connect my new PC with ipad it's resume?

OP
jaba123

jaba123

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Maybe that will help all of us.

580328579022000ed9393338ae4c283d.jpg

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Ah. I don't use wi-fi sync with iTunes. That's why I never noticed this.

It makes sense that if you've got something that supposed to sync automatically that it would tell you the last time it did it. So, yes, it's telling you the last time it synced to iTunes using wi-fi. If it also does backups automatically (I don't remember) then it should give you a separate date time for when that happened.

I sync and backup with iTunes on a computer every month or so, or when I'm about to do something risky. Otherwise I rely on the iCloud backup.

The only other time I manually sync is if I've imported some non-iTunes content, like ePub books or music. Anything that I buy from iTunes itself will get automatically added to the computer, eventually.

OP
jaba123

jaba123

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Tks for backup issue then I have to Waite maybe someone knowns

OP
jaba123

jaba123

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hello, is anybody at home

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I guess I don't know what you are asking for. I thought you were just curious about the backup and sync dates. What is the actual problem?

OP
jaba123

jaba123

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I m worry about that these dates did take space of my device separately.because usually I go setting, general, manage storage where I can see all apps and photo take space of my device but I don't known about sync and backup. Maybe it make automatically make back. If u can guide me where And what I lick to disallow backup and sync.i hope I will clear my point view.

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Backups to iTunes will be on the computer. Anything you are seeing on the iPad is just telling you when those backup were made. Backups are never on the device. That would defeat the whole purpose of having a backup.

Same for iCloud, except the space used up is your iCloud storage. Which can be a problem itself, since that storage is rather limited. Unless you are paying for more than the free 5GB. Since you are using iTunes to do backups, this shouldn't be an issue for you.

Syncing may cause space to be used on the iPad, but that will depend on what you sync. You have to look in your Photos, Music, Videos, iBooks and other apps to see what has been stored on the iPad. The only way to change this is to change the settings in iTunes on the computer and re-sync. Multiple dates will mean nothing, since only the most recent sync applies.

OP
jaba123

jaba123

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Tks boss I have nothing ITunes music only game apps and pix.

Most reactions