What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sync two iPads

Neil12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

I have 2 iPads: iPad for use at home, iPad Mini for use "out and about". How can I keep them both in sync so that if I buy an app on one it's downloaded to the other also, create an entry in Calendar or Note it is saved on the other and so on...?

I've read a few posts here and on other forums, but they seem to be orientated around just sync one aspect (eg apps), basically I want each iPad to be a clone of the other, if possible...? I only use them on wifi.

Thanks guys and gals

Neil

Snowlady

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have same arrangement...and I don't recall doing anything special...just using same email and apple I'd etc...and they mirror each other

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There is a setting someplace that will enable autodownloads.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You can go to Settings>iTunes & App Stores and select auto-downloads for the AppStore, iTunes, and iBooks.

image-2735458646.jpg

image-2357590615.jpg

OP
N

Neil12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, now...

Hi

Thanks for all the replies, seems like I pretty much have them doing what I wanted. The only problem is photos: both devices are registered to the same iCloud account, Photo Stream is turned on, but a new picture taken on on device won't come through to the other...?

Thanks in advance :)

Bennettb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Try plugging both devices in at same time or go to settings, iCloud, storage and backup and select backup now..

Bobbi

OP
N

Neil12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

Thanks for the reply. I thought the idea of iCloud was that I wouldn't need to connect them in any physical way, it would work "over the air"?

Thanks

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It does work that way....make sure both devices are on the same wifi network. It takes a while for photos to transfer. Also, the copies may be smaller than the originals on the mobile device. Enable photostream on your PC too to get full copies.

OP
N

Neil12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, thanks again

Both are on the same wifi, and I took the pics a few hours ago. Is iCloud just a bit temperamental...?

OP
N

Neil12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ahh, we'll it now seems to be working...

Thanks again :)

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ahh, we'll it now seems to be working...

Thanks again :)

I've never figured out a pattern for photo stream, when I've used it. Sometimes it's quick, sometimes slow. I use the Bump app or the camera connection kit mostly.

Most reactions

Latest posts