What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sync photos from multiple different folders possible?

iGirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd like to know if I can set up multiple different folders, in different locations (OSX) to sync to Photos?

I expect not. Currently I have to copy all the photos I want on the iPad, into one single directory on the Mac (which I call iPad Portfolio), with subfolders for additional categories - because there is only one sync source in iTunes.

At least in iPad/Photos.

I'd love to be able to browse the Mac in iTunes and select multiple individual photos or folders to sync for multiple locations without having to redundantly copy them all into one master "sync" directory...

joeyteel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know if this works for the Mac version, but on windows 7/Vista you can create dirdctory symbolic links (with the right tools) inside the master folder to the folders you want to sync. If you only want certain pictures within a folder synced you would still need to manually copy those however.

OP
iGirl

iGirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
joeyteel said:
create dirdctory symbolic links (with the right tools) inside the master folder to the folders you want to sync. If you only want certain pictures within a folder synced you would still need to manually copy those however.

Hmmm, that's a thought - worth a try at least for entire folders possibly! Aliases don't work FWIW.

Most reactions