What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

sync mini ipad with ipad

clermont

iPF Novice
Reaction score
hen i first got my mini iPad it sync with my iPad 2 so that all the books on my iPad went onto my mini iPad, but cannot remember how i did it....can any help

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
hen i first got my mini iPad it sync with my iPad 2 so that all the books on my iPad went onto my mini iPad, but cannot remember how i did it....can any help
You can't connect the two iPads directly. What you have to do is connect your iPad 2 to iTunes on your computer and back it up. Then, when activating your iPad mini, you will be asked if you want to set it up as a new iPad or use the backup you created. Choose to use the iPad 2 backup and everything that was on your iPad 2 will be transferred to your iPad mini, including the books.

OP
clermont

clermont

iPF Novice
Reaction score
i sync the iPad 2 successfully yesterday.......logged into computer, then connected the mini and it said to select sync but there was no buttons to sync with, so i need to work out how to back it up first do i........

can you also tell me some of the books i downloaded in my mini have little clouds icon in the right corner when i g to open them a message pops up your account is not valid in the US store you must switch to Australian store before purchasing.......i thought i had already purchased them

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
i sync the iPad 2 successfully yesterday.......logged into computer, then connected the mini and it said to select sync but there was no buttons to sync with, so i need to work out how to back it up first do i........ can you also tell me some of the books i downloaded in my mini have little clouds icon in the right corner when i g to open them a message pops up your account is not valid in the US store you must switch to Australian store before purchasing.......i thought i had already purchased them
You must have accidentally switched to the US store. To switch back go to Settings>iTunes & App Store and tap on your Apple ID. When the pop up appears, select sign out, then sign back in, you should then be in the Australian iTunes. Now try tapping on the cloud symbols on your books, they should now download.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You must have accidentally switched to the US store. To switch back go to Settings>iTunes & App Store and tap on your Apple ID. When the pop up appears, select sign out, then sign back in, you should then be in the Australian iTunes. Now try tapping on the cloud symbols on your books, they should now download.

There's no need to sign out and back in to do this.....just view your Apple ID, you will then be asked for your password and you will be back in your proper store.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There's no need to sign out and back in to do this.....just view your Apple ID, you will then be asked for your password and you will be back in your proper store.
You're right, your way is quicker.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm glad we could help. Thanks for letting us know, it may help the next person with your problem who reads this thread.

Most reactions

Latest posts