What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sync issues

ion

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I reformatted my computer. Below is issue i get...IF i click erase, can i still get all my apps back? what will happen exactly.
All of my PDF's and music are on my PC, But my Apps, some are pay for, can i just redownload them or will i lose them all?

not even sure if its worth the effort either way just so i can sync.

capturebte.jpg

Stephen777

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you using the same computer with the same apps and music? It should be safe to sync if you are. If not, try downloading an alternative iTunes program like an older version or a different library program.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You can download your apps again if they are deleted, but that may not be necessary.

When you get the warning, go ahead and hit cancle. Now got to your iPad where it is listed under devices, right click on it, and choose Transfer Purchases. This should transfer your apps to iTunes. It might duplicate music and movies. I'm not certain.

Or if you choose to Erace and Sycn, make a list of your apps first so you know which ones to download again. A quick way to do this is just use screen captures and mail them to yourself.

OP
I

ion

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can download your apps again if they are deleted, but that may not be necessary.

When you get the warning, go ahead and hit cancle. Now got to your iPad where it is listed under devices, right click on it, and choose Transfer Purchases. This should transfer your apps to iTunes. It might duplicate music and movies. I'm not certain.

Or if you choose to Erace and Sycn, make a list of your apps first so you know which ones to download again. A quick way to do this is just use screen captures and mail them to yourself.

awesome thanks, i'll try it out tomorrow. Remember everyone, learn from me, Mr. Dumas and always backup. lol

Most reactions