What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sync Ipad2 to Yahoo

Jokerswilduk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

I have just joined after finally managing to get an ipad 2 from Apples' Regent Street Store in London. Hi, to anyone else who was in the queue there on 15th June ! !

I am looking for a way to sync the calendar and contacts with a yahoo account from the ipad 2 to yahoo. I have managed to sync the other way (ie yahoo to ipad 2) but can't seem to find anyhting to do it the way I want.

I plan to use the ipad 2 for work as well as fun, so if I add an item in calendar or contacts on the ipad 2 at work will want to sync it back to yahoo as a back up.

In the past I have used a Palm TX and it sync automatically.

Sorry if this is a basic question but am new to Apple and its way.

Thanks

iFrog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Without iPad plugging into your Mac or PC, now you can sync your Yahoo! Calendar to your iPad easily.

* Going to the iPad settings application
* Tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Add Account > Other.
* Then tap Add CalDAV Account.
* Type yahoo for the Server and type into your Yahoo! ID and password. Click save.
* After iPad verify all informations, you can start syncing your Yahoo! Calendar with your iPad in a few seconds. It's automation.

Now view or edit the Yahoo! Calendar by yourself.

I hope this work for you, good luck!

iFrog - Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

OP
Jokerswilduk

Jokerswilduk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Frog

Thanks for the information. I tried the above and it sync'ed from the yahoo account to the ipad but the information in the ipad calendar did not sync back to yahoo.

Any ideas ?

iFrog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Try this... Sorry but I been researching and I don't use yahoo calendars. You are not the only one having this problems.

Go to this link agree terms to share your yahoo calendar.

switch.calendar.yahoo.com

I know for google I had to authorize the iPad then I was able to do it all in both ways.

iFrog - Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

OP
Jokerswilduk

Jokerswilduk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Frog

Thanks for the information. Still not working.

I will have to see if Apple live up to their 'I will help you set it up' comment that they made when I purchased it.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hmm, are you talking about not being able to add new calendar events to the yahoo calendars, or that the events that were on the iPad before you added Yahoo are not syncing back?

If the second, I don't think you can, but there is one thing you can try.

First, tap on the Calendar button at the top left of the Calendar app. You'll see all your calendars. Your original calendar should be listed at the top, and your Yahoo calendar should by listed under the Yahoo account. I just want to make sure there really are two calendars before you continue. If not, none of this has a chance of working, so stop here.

Second, you can't have any other accounts syncing with the Calendar. If you have already set up GMail, or something else, this will not work. You can only merge the original calendar with the first account added, at least that has been my experience.

Now, go into Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars, select that account and delete it. If you still have the CalDAV account set up earlier, delete it too. Be sure to choose to remove all events when it asks, or you will end up doubling things up later. Your events are on the server, so they will not be lost.

Now add the account again, paying close attention to any popups. It should offer you a chance to Merge events. This what you want. If it does not, then I've just had you do a whole bunch of stuff for no reason. Sorry.

OP
Jokerswilduk

Jokerswilduk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

Thanks for all the help.

Finally sorted it by taking ipod calendar out of equation and only using yahoo one. Now all I have to do is sort out how to get the contacts to sync back to ! lol

Most reactions

Latest posts