Sync from PC to iPad

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by mslammers, Jun 29, 2010.

1. mslammers

mslammers iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Simple problem [now that I actually have my iPad]
    I have my music in a My Music folder on my E: drive. The folders show in iTunes Library but won't sync to the iPad. I don't have enough room on the C: drive for my music library, hence the use of E: [and backup on Drobo G: as well] I can't really see what drive iTunes is looking at but it sure isn't pushing to the iPad.

I know many have had similar problems, just not sounding exactly the same. So I decided to start a new thread since most of the others are multi-page.

iTunes [as I discovered years ago with Apple programs] hides what it is doing and sometimes that is BAD.

Any thoughts would be welcome. I am early enough in use that I thought about restoring everything and starting over but I wasn't sure if that would help.

Since I have a gmail account that is separate from my main email, you could send to me there if you prefer. mellammers8@gmail.com
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2010
  2. Matth3w

Matth3w iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    The music has to be added to the library, it doesn't sync by folder like photos do.
  3. ravynshadow

ravynshadow iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Did you try going to file and select add file or add folder to library then you can select where the folder is you want to add.
  4. mslammers

mslammers iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    After I got Matt's msg I tried that and it worked. It constantly amazes me that Apple, Microsoft and others don't get together and set some standards for use of their products that all can use.
    After the Baltimore fire of 1904, the NBS stepped in and it still took a while to standardize fire hydrants and fire hoses.

Partial article included.

2. Background
    When fire hoses were first manufactured, the threads used to couple them differed among all the
    manufacturers. The same is true with the fire hydrant connections. Since the first fire hydrant
    was designed in 1817 by George Smith [1], each design, including hose connection threads, was
    patented by its manufacturer. Differences in hose connections on the hydrants, both diameters
    and threads, were part of the design that protected manufacturers from competition. Cities with
    different hydrant suppliers had fire fighting water supply systems with connections that were
    incompatible with those in other, sometimes neighboring, communities. History demonstrates
    that in major urban fires, the inability of fire fighting apparatus from other areas to utilize the
    water supply, because of incompatible hose connections, was a contributing factor to increased
    fire damage.
    3. The Great Baltimore Fire
    The lack of uniform threads is commonly cited as a factor in the massive destruction of the Great
    Baltimore Fire that started on Sunday afternoon, February 7
    th
    , 1904. The fire is believed to have
    been started by a cigar or cigarette that fell into the basement of the John Hurst & Company
    building [2].
    Engine companies from Washington, DC, transported by train, arrived in Baltimore to assist in
    fire fighting a few hours after the fire started. Unfortunately, their hoses would not fit Baltimore
    hydrants due to the difference in threads. The fire continued to claim block after block of
    buildings in the Baltimore business district as more fire companies arrived from surrounding
    cities and counties, Altoona, Annapolis, Chester, Harrisburg, New York, Philadelphia,
    Wilmington, and York. Some of the responding fire companies’ hoses fit the Baltimore hydrant
    connections; others did not [3].
    The Great Baltimore Fire was finally put out thirty hours after it started. Despite the 1,231
    firefighters, 57 engines, nine trucks, two hose companies, one fireboat, and one police boat used,
    the fire claimed 1,526 buildings in an area of seventy city blocks. A total of 2,500 businesses.
  5. Bremen

Bremen iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    I sync to another drive as well, with out problems.....