What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sycning IPad2 with Windows Live Mail FOLDERS

Dwilkers1a

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey everyone-

I was hoping someone could help this this. This is my first Apple product so I'm not familiar with the ins and outs.

I have extensive email archives set up in my Windows Live Mail client. I've set up folder for individual users, like my wife, various friends, groups, doctors, that sort of thing. In total I have 16 folders, which makes it easier to go right to whatever correspondence I am looking for.

What I was hoping the IPad would do when I sync is create all the folders and move the related correspondence to each folder and store there so I would have that same convenient access on my IPad. But for some reason it didn't do that on initial sync, and I can't seem to figure out how to commend it to do that.

Is there a way to get the IPad to sync up all the user added folders and their contents this way?

I love the IPad and I believe they must have created a way to make this transition, that I must just be missing the right 'button' to push. :)

Thank you so much in advance for any help you can give!

Cynthia

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
How have you set the email account up on the iPad. It needs to be an imap or exchange account to support syncing folders. Pop doesn't do it.

Most reactions