What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Switching to iPad2, how transfer data plan?

Reaction score
I'm in the process of switching to an iPad 2. On my original iPad 3G, I have an unlimited data plan. Should I now just swap the SIM chips between the old and new iPad?? I'd like to carry forward the unlimited plan, and also just avoid any further set up of payment arrangements, etc.

Thanks for some advice!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm in the process of switching to an iPad 2. On my original iPad 3G, I have an unlimited data plan. Should I now just swap the SIM chips between the old and new iPad?? I'd like to carry forward the unlimited plan, and also just avoid any further set up of payment arrangements, etc.

Thanks for some advice!

If it's AT&T you can't just swap the microSIM because the data plan is associated with the iPad's 'serial number' (IMEI - International Mobile Equipment Identity - number). Here's the procedure....

How To Swap Your 3G Data Plan from Your Original iPad to Your iPad 2

Tim
Scotland

Most reactions

Latest posts