What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

switching on

Pauljohn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When trying to open my Ipad after about several hours nothing happens. I can eventually get it to open after holding down the home and power button for a while and then the apple logo appears and then it opens as normal.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
When trying to open my Ipad after about several hours nothing happens. I can eventually get it to open after holding down the home and power button for a while and then the apple logo appears and then it opens as normal.

Hi, Pauljohn, and welcome to the forum. We hope you enjoy your visits.

A couple of questions to try and narrow down your issue, if you don't mind:

When you are done with the iPad, do you turn it off? If so, please describe the method you use.

Is the iPad fully charged when this happens? Is it connected to the mains or computer or not connected at all?

Do you use a Smart Cover (or similar cover)?

Hopefully, the answers to these questions will help us help you - or maybe jog someone's memory to ask a question I've forgotten....

Marilyn

OP
P

Pauljohn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
switched off at power button or closing the smart cover. Nearly fully charged and connected to mains overnight.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
switched off at power button or closing the smart cover. Nearly fully charged and connected to mains overnight.
That's weird. It doesn't start when you press the Power button (without Home button)?

Is Lock/Unlock enabled in Settings - General? Also: What did you choose in Settings - General - Auto Lock?

Maybe restoring will help: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1414

Most reactions

Latest posts