What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Switching from ipad 2 to ipad air.

murell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all, I'm looking for some quick advice. I have decided to replace my ipad 2. I intend to buy the ipad air next week (32gb wifi) but I heard from a friend that apple might release another ipad In 2014. Should I hold out and see what the next version is like?

Elux72

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You certainly wouldn't go wrong buying the 32Gb Wi-fi Air (my brother has the same; I have the 16Gb). It's a great iPad in every way...fast, beautiful display, great battery life. If, when the new one comes out, you decided to ditch the Air, you could always trade up (possibly, the current Air will become the bottom-of-the-line regular-sized iPad when the Air 2 comes out...who knows?)

That said, if your iPad 2 is still doing it for you, it wouldn't be a terrible idea to keep it until the new Air comes out. My sister has the 2 and it gets a lot of use by her rambunctious kids, and it's still delivering the goods.

In short, I can't give you a definitive answer :) but lots of luck with your choice.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well Apple does release a new iPad every year, so it's really up to you when you choose to jump in and buy one. If it was just a couple of months, I would wait but no one knows for sure when it will be.....my guess is not until well into the second half of the year.

I have upgraded from the iPad 2 to the Air also.....it's quite a jump in all ways. So much faster, lighter, that bit smaller without sacrificing the size of the screen and then the retina screen itself.....just so nice on my eyes.

If it were me, well I couldn't wait but it's up to you! There will always be a newer iPad coming but if you wait too long, you miss out on the 'now'. ;)

jwt873

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Apple has released 5 versions of the iPad since the '1' was introduced in April 2010. Add the regular and the retina Mini iPads and you've got seven versions in four years.

If you don't camp out in front of an Apple store to get the latest and greatest hardware when it's released, whatever you buy will be replaced with something better in less than a year. I got 4 great years out of my iPad 1, and plan to get just as many out of the Air I bought last December.

Other than a lower price, or a larger screen, I can't think of any other way to improve on the Air. Personally, I would buy the Air now if I wanted to upgrade an earlier iPad. It really is a sweet tablet.

Most reactions

Latest posts