Switching from android to apple possibility

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by Brideauk, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Brideauk

Brideauk iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello, i bought an android tablet a while ago, and the screen cracked on me and broke the digitizer.. So now im going to get a replacement. I'm thinking about switching to the iPad, but there are some things that are making me not want to switch. I love everything about the iPad, as also android.
    When i bought my android i purchased about 50$ worth of applications, but if i switch to apple i cannot have those applications. does anyone know if there is a possible way that i can get a license transfer on my apps to the apple store so i can have them on an ipad and not have to rebuy all of my apps and waste money because i already had purchased them on the android market? I don't want to jailbreak, thats not an option for me because i dont want to screw up anything if i do get one. any answers will be helpful! thank you.

2. scifan57

scifan57 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,326 / 2
    I'm afraid that Android apps can't be transferred to an iPad. You would have to start from scratch when building your iPad app library.

3. Brideauk

Brideauk iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    ok, thanks anyways though

4. AQ_OC

AQ_OC Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +431 / 0
    If you invest in a $200 Nexus 7, you can keep using those apps. You can get one used, too, or you can consider some other low-cost Android machine.

When I made the jump to iOS, I didn't switch...I still have all the android stuff, but now I have iOS stuff too. It doesn't have to be binary choice, unless you need it to be.

5. spatra

spatra iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You could try emailing the App developers individually - most of them will have iPad versions as well, and they may give you promo codes to download their Apps on an iPad as a customer appreciation gesture. I'd say its worth a try. Jut make sure you explain that your android tablet is not working any more.