What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Switching Carriers

LesaAnn323

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I originally setup my IPad3 with AT&T as the carrier. However, I found out later that At&T does not have a hotspot, which is one of the reasons I decided it was time to upgrade from IPad1. It seems that I can cancel the AT&T account from my IPad, and do a hard reset to go through the setup process again to select Verizon. Before I do this, I wanted to see if anyone has experience with this situation.

First, I'm leery that my AT&T account is actually canceled. Second, will I be able to add Verizon as my carrier on the hard reset? Third, what else will I have to redo after the hard reset?

Thanks!

Lucky_Charms

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In order to use the new iPad with Verizon service, you have to have a Verizon iPad. On the other hand, if you had a Verizon iPad to begin with you would have been able to use it on AT&T's 3g network using an AT&T micro sim. You will not be able to use the AT&T LTE network however as Verizon and AT&T use different bands.

So if you can, exchange that iPad for a verizon one.

Most reactions

Latest posts