What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Switching between microsim cards when travelling

Herrflik

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys, im not sure if this has been answered before but can anyone answer this for me,

I have a USA iPad2 on AT&T. I Spend a lot of time travelling the states but do go back to the UK frequently. Can i just remove my AT&T sim and when im in the UK put an 02 sim in (this is the provider im going with) and when i fly to the states swap them back?

If i can what is involved? Do i need to resync to itunes each time i swap sims? Or is it just a simple take one out put one in?

Thanks for your help in advance

-end of line

grumpiiii

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I traveled to Italy this past fall with an original iPAD 3G. Bought a sim card and 2GB download from the TIM (local cell phone carrier) for around 15 euro total. Swapped TIM sim for AT&T sim. Worked great! When back in the states I switched back to the AT&T sim and all worked fine again without any issues. Only hard part was removing sim tray cover. Maybe buy the extractor tool or carry some large paper clips (still difficult!) Hope this helps.

OP
Herrflik

Herrflik

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks very much, bought an 02 sim back in the UK and switched it out and it all worked fine when i got back to the states :). Yeah I found that the sim tray was really hard to remove and i left the key back at home. paperclip did work after a few attempts.

its good to know it works with any data SIM

Most reactions