What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Switcher bar

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
When you doubleclick your home button, the dock on your homescreen will appear to rise and you will see apps that you've used (or are currently using). In addition, if you swipe to the right (revealing the area to the left), you'll see volume/rotation, brightness and iPod controls. That whole area (the part revealed when the dock rises) is the switcher bar.

Hope that helps.

Marilyn

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
When you doubleclick your home button, the dock on your homescreen will appear to rise and you will see apps that you've used (or are currently using). In addition, if you swipe to the right (revealing the area to the left), you'll see volume/rotation, brightness and iPod controls. That whole area (the part revealed when the dock rises) is the switcher bar.

Hope that helps.

Marilyn

That's a new one for me too, i've never heard it called that. Still coming to terms with all the names. That's what is great about this forum, I learn something new every day. Thanks

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I believe Apple called it the Multitasking Status Bar, or something like that. Not that we users won't call it whatever we decide in the end. Probably something like the "Apps of Christmas Past Bar", because if you think about to too much you're Scrooged.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
I believe Apple called it the Multitasking Status Bar, or something like that. Not that we users won't call it whatever we decide in the end. Probably something like the "Apps of Christmas Past Bar", because if you think about to too much you're Scrooged.

You've got a very quirky mind, very clever indeed.

OP
BadBoi2011

BadBoi2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you soooo much! I have missed you all!

Such a NOOB!

Most reactions

Latest posts