What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Switcheasy Canvas & Quality Control/Warranty

IrishPilot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm curious what kind of fortune others have had with their Switcheasy canvas iPad covers. I am now going on my 4th case in only about a months time. It's varied from the corners cracking, to non functioning Velcro, to even receiving new ones with bubbles in the exterior.

I'm happy to report that they respond to emails quickly and have almost immediately sent replacements, but I'm about ready to cut my losses and look for something else.

How is everyone else's Canvas holding up?

OP
I

IrishPilot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bumping my own thread. :( I ended up going through 4 Canvas models before finally asking for a refund (which I have yet to receive). I like the look, feel, and build of the Canvas, but I certainly got a bad streak of quality control issues. Hope everyone has had better luck than I.

Katrina2475

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I sent back my first Canvas because it was sliding down and not staying put. They replaced it and this one is a total piece of junk. It is seriously falling apart. 3 of the 4 corners are cracked and chipping away. It has never been dropped and is used primarily in my home. No more Switcheasy for me.

Sent from my 32 GB wifi Ipad 2

Katrina2475

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just took some pictures of my poor case.

Attachments

• image-2248955200.png
    image-2248955200.png
    723.7 KB · Views: 525
  • image-760463681.png
    image-760463681.png
    611.7 KB · Views: 446
  • image-1008253092.png
    image-1008253092.png
    654 KB · Views: 436

celly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm on my second Canvas. First one is still usable, did develop the telltale "corner cracks". Second one is holding up much better. I love this design, so hopefully Switcheasy is doing something about these design flaws.

kies99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was about to jump on here and say "what are you talking about?? Mine's fine!".

However, I just pulled mine out and I never noticed but I have two very small cracks starting on the bottom corners. Not enough to concern me yet, but makes me wonder if I should contact them. Rest of the case is perfectly fine though.

Katrina2475

iPF Noob
Reaction score
kies99 said:
I was about to jump on here and say "what are you talking about?? Mine's fine!".

However, I just pulled mine out and I never noticed but I have two very small cracks starting on the bottom corners. Not enough to concern me yet, but makes me wonder if I should contact them. Rest of the case is perfectly fine though.

Mine started as small cracks. I'm ordering a Casecrown Bold tonight.

Sent from my 32 GB wifi Ipad 2

kies99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I sent a message through the SwitchEasy "Contact Us" feature on their site asking about repairs/warranty on the case. Less than two hours later I received tracking information for a replacement.

THAT'S customer service for you!

Now I can't guarantee the cracks won't develop on this new cover, but I'm impressed with how responsive this company is.

kies99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As a follow up, I received a brand new Canvas case in the mail on Saturday. Free of charge. I highly commend their customer service! Since mine has only 2 very tiny cracks and still holds well, I'll just hang onto the replacement and have it ready for when/if I need it.

Most reactions