What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Switcheasy Canvas problem

Mattmilw

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've had mine for a couple of days and I'm very impressed, with one exception. When my iPad is "propped" in any of the 3 slots, it slides out extremely easy. A simple page turn can cause it. I invariably end up letting it slide all the way forward.

Anyone else experiencing this?

I've written Switcheasy on this. Interested to hear their thoughts.

Dyeman12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just got my Canvas on Fri and your question actually got me up off the couch to see if mine had the same problem- it does not. I propped it up on the kitchen table in landscape configuration and tried it out in each 'notch'. After swatting at the screen like a cat pawing at a ball of yarn, it stayed put.

However I can see how it would slip out of notch if not on an even, level surface.

What color Canvas did you go with?

EDIT - Yep, got mine to skip out of slot too. Happens when it is propped up and
you tap the Top of the screen. Makes sense because that's where the lever action is maximized.

Someone will come up with a trick to prevent this from happening that is better than setting your beer there to keep it in place :D

Last edited:

NCTurner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, mine seems to fit very well, and is very secure when set up in the stand.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't have this case but I see this is a common problem with all folio style slot type cases. If you press on the top corners it May slip out. I've tried a work around using a rubber band which worked ok but now I've just learned to work with it.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Katrina2475

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just tried mine too and it is a little easy to get it to slide when it is in the most upright position. The other ones are pretty stable.

Sent from my 32 GB wifi Ipad 2

rebelwithacause

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same problem. I also emailed Switchease and their reply was an email with return instructions. I was really hoping to speak with someone, not just to have to return it and take the chance of getting another one with the same issues, but of course there is no phone number for them.

I've had mine for a couple of days and I'm very impressed, with one exception. When my iPad is "propped" in any of the 3 slots, it slides out extremely easy. A simple page turn can cause it. I invariably end up letting it slide all the way forward.

Anyone else experiencing this?

I've written Switcheasy on this. Interested to hear their thoughts.

Most reactions