What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SwitchEasy Brand?

jasmynsway

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I got the same email...I was hoping to have it by the weekend..oh well.

Katrina2475

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They probably got a rush of orders after all of the posts in this forum about them.

Sent from my 32 GB wifi Ipad 2

kies99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got mine yesterday and I'm looking at it right now. It fits all the requirements I had for a case with ease.

As stated before, the port cover on the bottom does take a little work to get it to fit, but it does fit securely once you figure it out. This does also add a bit of weight and bulk to the Ipad, but that's a trade off I was willing to accept due to the way it completely protects the Ipad.

There are 3 VERY, VERY minor things I'd like to see done to upgrade this case:

1. An elastic/mesh pouch to hold the micro-fiber cloth. As it is I just leave mine laying on top of the ipad when I close the cover.
2. An elastic/mesh pouch to hold the port protectors. I see these easily getting lost, especially if you have kids. I guess this is why they gave you 2 of each. Would be nice to have a place to put these when you have the case open and are using the ipad.
3. Stronger velcro. As time goes by I can see this wearing out.

These are very, very minor items and does not detract at all from this case. If you're on the fence, go ahead and order one! I ordered and also had the message they were out of stock but total time from order to when I had it in hand was only 6 days (California to Pennsylvania).

OP
N

NAYo2002

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Typing position 2 (to ensure inside of the cover doesn't come in contact with dirty surfaces):
IMAG0003.jpg

Did you come up with that one yourself? I haven't seen that position in any review or the SwitchEasy website. If so, very creative! :D

Nah I saw someone posted similar stance on macrumors forums.

Georgemera

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In my case it was a big lie.

I bought it this passed Friday April/15/2011 and when I bought it it was available on all colors, but yesterday, after me sending about 3 emails complaining that I didn't get a confirmation email, they replayed to me saying that the canvas is not available and it may be available later this week. Of course I got very upset and I'm still in the process to get my money back.

I'm not buying from them never ever. Btw I know the case should be nice, but to me this is not professional.

George.

OP
N

NAYo2002

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought it this passed Friday April/15/2011 and when I bought it it was available on all colors, but yesterday, after me sending about 3 emails complaining that I didn't get a confirmation email, they replayed to me saying that the canvas is not available and it may be available later this week. Of course I got very upset and I'm still in the process to get my money back.

I'm not buying from them never ever. Btw I know the case should be nice, but to me this is not professional.

George.

I never got the confirmation email. They send a paypal receipt and tracking info email (which was actually in my junk box it turns out.)

I also got the same e-mail about being delayedbut I still got it in the mail within a week of ordering. I guess they are playing it on the safe side by saying "later in the week."

ainofeau

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ordered mine this morning.
canvas/black
emailed me that they are out of stock but
online says in stock. at least 4 days for it to
arrive international.

JJK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ordered my brown canvas on Monday and arrived today in Thailand!!

And this when they told me yesterday they would inform me soon about the tracking details. So the cover arrived before I knew it was shipped.

Excellent?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

drpotter2807

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just wanted to let y'all know. I got the 4 day delay email as well. I ordered mine Monday the 18th... and it arrived today. LOVE THIS CASE! It is very well made and exactly what I hoped it would be. The over-welming positive review from so many is spot on!

Katrina2475

iPF Noob
Reaction score
drpotter2807 said:
Just wanted to let y'all know. I got the 4 day delay email as well. I ordered mine Monday the 18th... and it arrived today. LOVE THIS CASE! It is very well made and exactly what I hoped it would be. The over-welming positive review from so many is spot on!

Ooh, that gives me ope for this weekend. What color did you get?

floydp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.cigarasylum.com
drpotter2807 said:

Ooh, that gives me ope for this weekend. What color did you get?

Me too. Anxious to get this thing covered up. Got the Apple magnet thingy and don't care for it. Wife thinks its cool so she'll be getting it for her's.

drpotter2807

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got the grey... looks GREAT with the white!

Do you notice if smudges show up easily on the grey cover? I have the black one and I find myself wiping it from time to time to make it look cleaner.

NO not yet, but then again I've only had it for about 8 hours! :D

But my first impressions are that it will hide dirt well. Its not really grey ( even though its "grey" according to Switcheasy)... kinda a Khaki color.. which makes the white really look elegant.

JJK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AppleOwl said:
Do you notice if smudges show up easily on the grey cover? I have the black one and I find myself wiping it from time to time to make it look cleaner.

To prevent the Ipad from getting dirty we buy a cover. Now the cover gets dirty....hmmm maybe we should cover the cover.....

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts