What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Swipe-type JB app?

Gotmilk0112

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So after discovering things like "Swype", I became rather interested as the whole "swipe-type" thing would be quite useful for my iPhone. I did find "Path Input", an official app to test it out, and it works wonderfully, however, since Apple doesn't allow modifications to the keyboard, you can only use swipe-typing within "Path Input", and then copypaste to other apps.

So I was wondering, is there a JB app for a custom "Swipe-type" keyboard?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've seen a tweak called "iSwipe." It debuted some time last year. It's not in the regular Cydia repos, so I don't know what's become of it. I tried it last year. Wasn't the greatest but, maybe it's been improved.

Since its not in the normal Cydia repos, I suggest trying an Internet search for it and see if you can find it (and see if it's still a viable tweak). Hopefully, you'll be successful.

Marilyn

EDITED TO ADD: Forgot to mention - I don't know if the tweak iSwipe was ever compatible with an iPad. So, if you find it, be cautious and make sure it'll work on an iPad before you download it to try out.

OP
G

Gotmilk0112

iPF Noob
Reaction score
EDITED TO ADD: Forgot to mention - I don't know if the tweak iSwipe was ever compatible with an iPad. So, if you find it, be cautious and make sure it'll work on an iPad before you download it to try out.

I won't use it with my iPad, that's kinda silly :p the keys are big enough to easily type. I have a keyboard case for my iPad anyways.

EDIT: Found "iSwipe" , installed it fine with iFile and it's working fine on my iPad 2. A little finnicky with some words, but it works. And for some reason, every time I type a new word, it erases the character before it, even if there's a space before it...weird.

Now to go and finally JB my iPhone to install it there too :p

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, good, glad you found it and that it works. Odd about the glitch, tho. Maybe it's an iPad thing?

Favor? When you get it for your iPhone, tell me if the glitch [deleting letters] disappears? Now that we've had this conversation, I'm kind re-interested in it. But, not for the iPad (cause I type ok on that) - for the phone....

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts