What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SweetPoison's JB Venture!

dstuttgen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Oh no, I know what you are talking about. :)
And the globe icon have been on the iPad since it was released.

Is Marie running 4.33 or 5.0.1? She has the iPad 1 I believe. I assume that since Marie is still able to post, that the keyboard has reverted to the original.
Marie would have had the English keyboard enabled by default. When she installed the 5 row keyboard, (if I remember correctly), she had to enable it in settings, also. She should be able to "toggle" between the 5 row and English keyboards.
My wife has the iPad 1 on 5.0.1 and she says one day, "where is my keyboard?" So I calmly walked over to her and tapped the "globe"key and her keyboard was back. She was amazed and thinks I am a wizard :p.

So Marie, if you are reading this, please tap the "globe"key and see if that brings back your keyboard.

Cheers All,
Dan

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is Marie running 4.33 or 5.0.1? She has the iPad 1 I believe. I assume that since Marie is still able to post, that the keyboard has reverted to the original.
Marie would have had the English keyboard enabled by default. When she installed the 5 row keyboard, (if I remember correctly), she had to enable it in settings, also. She should be able to "toggle" between the 5 row and English keyboards.
My wife has the iPad 1 on 5.0.1 and she says one day, "where is my keyboard?" So I calmly walked over to her and tapped the "globe"key and her keyboard was back. She was amazed and thinks I am a wizard :p.

So Marie, if you are reading this, please tap the "globe"key and see if that brings back your keyboard.

Cheers All,
Dan

Oh yeah! I forgot about 5 row!
So, you are right! :)

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Aww...a kodak moment, boys. Thanks so much both of you! I'm on my iPad now so when i get home I will respond.

Dan, I have not updated!

dstuttgen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi Marie, It's been a couple days and I hadn't heard if you were able to resolve the "lost keyboard" issue.
Happy Monday Sweet.

Cheers, Dan

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
TBH, Dan ~ I have not even attempted! I will though....

I am thinking it's time to update and get out of 4.3.3, I think that is what I am on! I will lose my JB, I know, right? I want to update this iPad and lose the JB, as I am giving this one to my daughter when I get the ipad 3, if I do.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
TBH, Dan ~ I have not even attempted! I will though....

I am thinking it's time to update and get out of 4.3.3, I think that is what I am on! I will lose my JB, I know, right? I want to update this iPad and lose the JB, as I am giving this one to my daughter when I get the ipad 3, if I do.

Just update to 5.0.1 and re-jailbreak for the time being before iPad 3. If you go non-jailbroken, you will hate it since you have been jailbroken for so long. :)

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh...do I have to get rid of my JB first? Before I update?

Install something like PkgBackup to backup your JB stuff, and go through Cydia and write down on a piece of paper what tweaks you have.
Sync with itunes to backup your apps and stuff.
Launch TinyUmbrella and go to the "advanced" tab. Make sure the "set hosts to cydia on exit" is unchecked and close TU.
Use DFU mode to update with itunes. Just let itunes do its thing, don't shift-click anything.
After itunes updates the iPad, then you can download the latest Redsn0w (beta 4) and just jailbreak like normal.
Then, instead of using PkgBackup to reinstall your JB stuff, manually use that list to reinstall your packages, and only the ones that are compatible with iOS 5. Look here for compatible stuff: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AsbX6Mjabf0idHJRSk51NW9KUjJabTZVcTNZekVqSmc&toomany=true

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just updated quite a bit in Cydia and I was noticing on top it tells you all the blobs we have ~ and it tells me I have 5.0.1 saved, but I never upgraded to 5.0.1 yet.

Am I missing something?

Bingoldsby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This thread (Yarn, rope, hawser) needs a table of contents. I just upgraded and re-JB both the iPad and the iPhone yesterday and the day before. So I have an interest in what might have transpired in this discussion, but, fffewwwww.... takes a lot of ambition to read it all from the beginning, I'm sure.

So far, with me, everything is pretty much ok... except that I couldn't restore the Cydia stuff on the iPhone from the xBackup Cloud. The pad worked fine in that respect. (I'll ask some particulars about it in another thread).

Brian - Sent from my iPad using iPF

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just updated quite a bit in Cydia and I was noticing on top it tells you all the blobs we have ~ and it tells me I have 5.0.1 saved, but I never upgraded to 5.0.1 yet.

Am I missing something?

You don't have to be on that version to save blobs. It's just whatever Apple is signing at the moment.
I would save blobs with TU anyway though.

Most reactions

Latest posts