Swapping white for grey

Discussion in 'iPad Mini Forum' started by nypaulie, Mar 30, 2014.

1. nypaulie

nypaulie iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    I just bought an ipad mini retina from someone and should get it in a few days. It's a white one that he bought last November. Do you think I can have Apple swap it for a grey one?
  2. scifan57

scifan57 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,043 / 1
    You could ask, but it's unlikely given that it's been 4 months since the iPad was purchased.
  3. nypaulie

nypaulie iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Originally Posted by nypaulie
    I just bought an ipad mini retina from someone and should get it in a few days. It's a white one that he bought last November. Do you think I can have Apple swap it for a grey one?
    Well once I get the unit and know the serial number I will try Apple's customer service. Now, barring that, is there an appropriate place on this forum to offer it as a swap? It is coming with an Otterbox Defender case ($80 value) which I would include, as I already own a simple sleeve which works fine for me.
  4. scifan57

scifan57 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,043 / 1
    I'm afraid that we do not have a sales area on this forum. You'll have to look elsewhere to sell the iPad if it comes to that.
  5. nypaulie

nypaulie iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    So here's the topper! I bought one in black figuring I would resell the white one once I got it, but when I did a side-by-side comparison of both I went with the white one. The screen was brighter and the sound was better. It was hard to believe, 'cause the white one was 4 months old and the black one was new outof-the-box. I was able to return the one I bought without any problem. I am in LOVE with the white one and never thought this would happen.
  6. MoonlitSonata

MoonlitSonata Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +159 / 0
    Every ipad I've owned (2, 4, mini and now mini retina) have all been white. Black not only makes everything look smaller, it's a nightmare to clean because it's a fingerprint magnet.