What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

suzy

Suzy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks. this is the first time i have used a forum. recently purchased an ipad. every time i add photos, the prevously loaded photos are removed. when i click on i tunes i cannot find where to load photos. the computer just syns automatically. now i do not have albums on my ipad just lots of pictures. i reset the ipad to factory settings, but it did not fix the problem. i have read so much with no avail please help. thanks

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First, click on FILE on the top left of the screen, and click Preferences. Select the DEVICES tab and check the box before "Prevent iPod, iPhones, and iPads from syncing automatically." Open iTunes with your iPad attached and in the left hand column under devices, select your iPad, a Summary window will open.

Second, you should remove the pictures currently in the Camera Roll (Photos), you can do this by unchecking the "Sync Photos from My Pictures" and syncing, this will remove all pictures from your iPad so you won't be duplicating everything. You need to setup a folder, on your PC under "My Pictures", such as, "iPad Pictures" and make all of the folders you want, with the pictures you want in them (copy, move or drag and drop, your choice), under that folder. Then go into iTunes, under PHOTOS and select "Sync Photos from" and change "My Pictures" to "Choose Folder" and then choose the folder you created "iPad Pictures" open it and select the folders you want to sync to the iPad. Then sync them.

Keep in mind that if the things you want to transfer aren't checked it will remove them from the iPad!

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts