What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Survey finds that most iPad Owners Like to Keep it Safely Tucked Away at Home

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is no way to use the iPad in a factory environment such as the one where I'll be soon. I won't bring it. Mealtime is 30 mins in a crowded space where you are expected to fraternize. Were also forbidden to use an iPod. Kindergarden for adults...

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The only time mine isnt with me is when I am out riding my bike. If only I could find a bike mount...

That's just me though. I now know of 5 others at work who have them. Two use them around the office and at home a lot, but dont take them out much, and 3 have said they hardly ever use theirs at all anymore - just occasional web surfing on the couch.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The only time mine isnt with me is when I am out riding my bike. If only I could find a bike mount...

That's just me though. I now know of 5 others at work who have them. Two use them around the office and at home a lot, but dont take them out much, and 3 have said they hardly ever use theirs at all anymore - just occasional web surfing on the couch.

A carmount with minimal tweaking could do the job...:)

Daylight would render the iPad unreadable though...

Joker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think most of these people were thinking ''it is more safe and secure to leave it at home for a later time''.

frankdawsonjr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just started taking mine with me when i go to out. I was waiting untill I got a decent carry bag to put it in. Mine isn't 3G, but most places I go have free wifi. Before I got my sling bag, the iPad stayed home.

jetman1979

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine goes to work everyday for break times and down time days. I keep it in my tool box in its protective home.
I also tell people that it has a gps theft protection like a lo jack for a car.

King Hal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I take my iPad most places including going into London on the underground

The Alternative

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
thealternativeone.blogspot.com
I'm taking mine on vacation - I think it will be perfect for that, and easier to keep secure than my laptop.

Took mine to Vegas and on vacation (Northern Wisconsin). Fit nicely in the hotel safe when out and about and great for when everyone else has fallen asleep exhausted and I wanted a bit of my own reading time.

Most reactions

Latest posts