What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Survey finds that most iPad Owners Like to Keep it Safely Tucked Away at Home

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score

Copywriters Cooper Murphy Webb have just published a survey on the iPad’s consumer usage, in which they polled 1034 UK iPad owners to find out how they like to use the device. Among other things, the poll revealed that consumers most often use their device in the home, with 27% of respondents saying that they never take their iPad with them when they leave the house, 35% saying they rarely take it with them, 22% saying they sometimes take it, and only 11% saying they mostly take it. I think a lot of us would probably relate to that, it’s such an expensive piece of kit that you do feel a little nervous taking it out of the house.

Interestingly, the survey also found that 24% of those polled used their iPad as their primary entertainment device, with only 19% saying that the TV was their primary entertainment device. Laptop/computer came out top on that one with 33%. Check it out below, it’s an interesting and nicely presented survey.

Source: Cooper Murphy Webb

jenna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why have a portable device hat never leaves the house. Mine is with me every time I go anywhere.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I take mine everywhere....why havecan extremely portable computer and leave it at home....silly to me.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I often go to places where the iPad would be at risk such as stealing or denting. I don't want to leave it in the truck so it stays home.

MLimtiaco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm still trying to use it at the office as much as possible, although I can't connect to our secured network without jumping through some local IT hoops.

CMFox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Strange, who'd they survey?
I got mine specifically for traveling. Its often outta the house.

CM

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I take mine to work at least 3 days a week We should do a poll in the forum to see if it is different.
I will set up a poll tonight Australian time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mine is always with me :) that survery sounds great!

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mine stays with me all the time when i am away from the house..for my whole thing was to have the something that keep with me for diff items that i might need to look up or have the list i might need for shopping

leey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mine is out with me sometimes, u know it's a little heavy to keep all the times. :p

Prasius

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That survey sample is TINY (even for the UK!).

My iPad goes pretty much everywhere with me.

petermillard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Surveys only have to have 1000 respondents for them to 'statistically relevant' - and as always, so much depends on how they ask the questions. For example, I always have my iPad with me, but it gets used mostly at home, as I'm often just quickly checking emails or making notes during the working day.

Pete

Most reactions

Latest posts