What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sunglass video recorder and iPad?

HUNTER1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is there a way to play a video recorded from my sunglass video recorder on iPad? thanks

OP
H

HUNTER1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
How do you normally view the videos?

It might help if you shared the modle and make of the video device.
It connects to my laptop USB to view the photo or video. I see that theres an iPad 8pin/USB adapter, I'll try that if the iPad can read the memory card on the Sunglass recorder.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The Lightning (8 pin) to USB adaptor is unlikely to help. The only way is if the Sunglass recorder is recognized as a camera, and the video format is compatible with the Photos app on the iPad. In that case you will be able to import the video into Photos, and play it form there.

What you will not be able to do is play the video straight from the Sunglass recorder. The only way to do this (that I can think of) is if there is an iOS companion app available. If you have not done so, give the App Store a quick search for one. If it exists, it 'might' offer this feature.

Other possibilities:

If the Sunglass software allows you save the video to the computer, then chances are good that you can then save and play that video on the iPad using a third party app like Player, VLC, or AVPlayer. All of these apps have one or more methods of importing video's from your computer.

You also might be able to save it to iTunes on the computer. iTunes is compatible with fewer video formats than the third party apps mentioned, so it may be necessary to convert the video first using something like the HandBrake app (on the computer). I don't recommend this unless you have your heart set on seeing the videos in the iPad's Videos app.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
H

HUNTER1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The Lightning (8 pin) to USB adaptor is unlikely to help. The only way is if the Sunglass recorder is recognized as a camera, and the video format is compatible with the Photos app on the iPad. In that case you will be able to import the video into Photos, and play it form there.

What you will not be able to do is play the video straight from the Sunglass recorder. The only way to do this (that I can think of) is if there is an iOS companion app available. If you have not done so, give the App Store a quick search for one. If it exists, it 'might' offer this feature.

Other possibilities:

If the Sunglass software allows you save the video to the computer, then chances are good that you can then save and play that video on the iPad using a third party app like Player, VLC, or AVPlayer. All of these apps have one or more methods of importing video's from your computer.

You also might be able to save it to iTunes on the computer. iTunes is compatible with fewer video formats than the third party apps mentioned, so it may be necessary to convert the video first using something like the HandBrake app (on the computer). I don't recommend this unless you have your heart set on seeing the videos in the iPad's Videos app.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks, I'll look into those options.

Most reactions

Latest posts