What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suggestion to slow down spammers.....

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Add something to the code in the forum that makes it so you can't put a link in your signature until you have 15 posts or something.

It's getting old seeing a response to a thread that says something like:

"I agree! Brad and Angelina should adopt more babies and buy the iPad 2!"

When it has nothing to do with anything, but they always have a little hyperlink in their sig leading to some product they are pushing.

PS

I tried posting this in the top section of the forum, but couldn't, so figured maybe here would be good.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What you don't know and you cannot see is the automatic spam detection most are not links they are direct spams posted. Considering the number of Moderators and admin now monitoring the forum in most cases it is dealt with very quick. Further more the mods are world wide so we cover the forums ie here and iPhone forum 7/24. I am 18 hours ahead of west cost USA. Just as an example

OP
Superbike81

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, it was just a suggestion for a feature I've seen on other sites to keep "direct spam posts" from being a big problem. They haven't been too bothersome, but lately I've seen quite a few of them. Mainly it just makes the moderators' job easier. Many active spammers won't bother sticking around to get 15 posts before they start spamming their wares in their sig block. But if you guys have a handle on it and it's not bothersome, keep on doing what you're doing.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
We have now 10 supermods in this forum plus 2 mods not to mention 4 admin. Not every one is active every day however along with myself and at least 6 others we here every day and not only that several times a day. Danny, Phil and myself also moderate iPhoneforum.net. When i can spa time I also moderate the Android forum so we are busy. Hope that gives you an idea. This forum is growing fast hence why more mods were added

Last edited:

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Although there are 10 SuperMods and 4 Admins (who are here on a very regular basis), we also have over 35,000 members! Of course not nearly that many are active, but the best thing members can do when they see something that they think is objectionable is to use the Report Post function that appears in the lower left corner of every post.

spam.jpg

When a post is reported, an email is send to all of the forum leaders immediately and that way, someone can respond quickly. Although you know this, but for the benefit of everyone else, this only alerts the forum leaders that there is a post that a user wants to bring to our attention, but it is up to the forum leader to ultimately decide what to do about it.

Help us keep this forum a pleasant place where people can come and exchange ideas and information to help each other maximize the utility and enjoyment of their iPad.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts