What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suggest an App alternate to words - using iPad Pro

upperscore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can I get a recommendation of an App that can (other than word)
1. Type notes
2. handwrite
3. draw
4. insert a picture
5. insert a table

I use an IPad Pro with the pencil

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Notes: With the iOS 11 update (coming sometime late September) you can do all of this in the Notes app. In iOS 10 you can not do tables and the drawing/handwriting part is more limited.

Pages is a pretty good Word replacement for creating documents, but also like Word it makes a poor note taking app.

Notability: A good student note taker that will let you take your notes on top of a PDF. But it has no table tool.

OneNote: Microsoft's answer to notes. Most the tools you'll find in Word, but organized for note taking.

Evernote: Every tool you can think of, but you'll need a paid subscription to get the most out of it.

Nebo: Centered around handwriting. There is no typing, but the handwritten text is easily convtereted to type. No table tool.

I use Notes. Notability is too much for what I need. OneNote I just don't like much, mostly because the import/export features are hard to use with non-Office app.

Screenshotof iOS 11 Note

IMG_2513.jpg

Last edited:

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use Noteability for this but will look at Notes with IOS 11. Because I have the 12.9 Pro I have to subscribe to MS Office so instead I use Pages as an alternate (which covers all my needs) and use the Word app to check formatting but when I send it to client, etc I send a PDF version which is in correct Word formatting when opened. But for your uses Noteability would cover everything, I have used it for years on other Ipads and its even better on the Pro and with the Pencil. I think your choice would be based on your needs. IOS 11 may change usage of certain apps for a lot of us.

Most reactions