What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

sudden battery power drop

mesmerized

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello Mini Fellow Users,

I've noticed a sudden drop of battery efficiency. I don't know why but once the battery reaches 100% and the charger is unplugged its level drops from 99% to 90% in a very short time, even without using the Ipad and leaving it in the standbye mode! If used, it goes down even faster (which normally would be natural but a month or two ago it wasn't like that)

What do you think?

Thanks

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
A few things to try, maybe they will help:

Reduce screen brightness, turn off bluetooth, disable location services, run a complete power cycle (let it drop to 0° before charging).

OP
M

mesmerized

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi JA, thanks for your advice. I've kept screen brightness at 40-50% since the day I got the Ipad. As for bluetooth and location services I never turn them on (except for location services for one or two applications) What's more, I always try to maintain the proper charge-discharge routine... Having said that, I don't know where the drop in efficiency comes from.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I see you've already got great advice for iPad battery problems in your other threads. There's nothing else I could tell you. If this iPad also has battery issues, perhaps an app you're using is the reason for this, or visit Apple Store once more.

Most reactions