What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Successfully installing the 3.2.2 limera1n Jailbreak

dapeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Guys

I have a Brand new iPad purchased 2 weeks ago with 3.2.2 pre-installed, so I have no 3.2.1 SSH's anywhere.

Version: 3.2.2(7B500)
Model: MB294X
Capacity 59.2 GB
Only WiFi

This is what I did.

1. Download limera1n beta4
2. Connect iPad to my computer
3. MAKE A BACKUP
4. SHUT DOWN iTunes. I did this because of those annoying popups.
5. Run the limera1n exe (Xp Sp3)
6. Follow the very helpful instructions on the button. If you release buttons too soon, limera1n asks you to try again.
7. After a few seconds, a message pops up in Windows that the patch has been made. iPad will then shutdown and restart.

8. For me the limera1n icon was NOT installed on the HOME page but on page 2. Also, very important, it does not appear as a green raindrop, but as a grey (blank) icon with the words "limera1n" below the icon. Note this since the first time I missed seeing it because I was looking for the green raindrop.
9. Run the app and it will take you to Cydia and install Cydia. Run Cydia, and follow the onscreen instructions.

10. On Cydia get the AppSync package. Once installed, iTunes will accept all apps.

11. Reboot iPad and now you will see the green raindrop, with Cydia next to it. What a great sight.

This limera1n is really great and does work. :D:D:D

delrahim69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I followed you steps but itunes still opens back up. I get the successful jailbreak message from limera1n but no icon. just the itunes message on ipad. also popup on itunes saying "itunes has detected an ipad in recovery mode.you must restore this ipad before it can be used with itunes"

am i doing something wrong? i have tried this several times with same outcome. no limera1n logo but still get successful message.

hoiw long do you hold home button after you release power button? i let it go after it enters DFU mode. i saw 1 video showing them hold the home button down til limera1n logo appears. i have tried both ways and still no luck.

Bnl1983

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I followed you steps but itunes still opens back up. I get the successful jailbreak message from limera1n but no icon. just the itunes message on ipad. also popup on itunes saying "itunes has detected an ipad in recovery mode.you must restore this ipad before it can be used with itunes"

am i doing something wrong? i have tried this several times with same outcome. no limera1n logo but still get successful message.

hoiw long do you hold home button after you release power button? i let it go after it enters DFU mode. i saw 1 video showing them hold the home button down til limera1n logo appears. i have tried both ways and still no luck.
Same same

OP
D

dapeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score

How long do you hold home button after you release power button? i let it go after it enters DFU mode. i saw 1 video showing them hold the home button down til limera1n logo appears. i have tried both ways and still no luck.

As I said, you do NOT get the icon and it is not installed on the first page. Just look at your other pages for an icon that is grey/white and has the words "limera1n". Just tap it to run it. It will then do it's thing, install the Cydia icon and after you run Cydia, you will see the green raindrop.

Others have reported that they have had to run limera1n a number of times. That is not logical. They expect to see a green raindrop, but that only appears after you have run the app.

It took me all of 15 seconds and 6 months of work by geohots did it's job beautifully.

Just know that Cydia is overloaded with everyone jail breaking today so their servers may timeout due to the load. Just try again later.

Do not worry about when you release the button. The app looks at that and if you make a mistake, it will allow you to retry.

Even if you close iTunes, it will open again with messages, saying it has detected an iPad in recovery mode. Just ignore those messages and minimize it again.

Limera1n really works. Typing this on my jail broken, limera1ned iPad 3.2.2

Kenney

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You're false. Lots of people are having troubles and they follow the instructions properly, don't expect people not to look at a second page of icons. The lime icon should show up during jailbreaking but it does not, thus, it never displays any sign of a jailbreak or Cydia/Limera1n icon.

Most reactions

Latest posts