What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Substitue for rain-alarm

I

islandman

Last edited by a moderator:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you seen this app? I found it by following the App Store link on the rain alarm website you mentioned in your post. When I saw the listing, there was certainly a get button to download the app.

Rain Alarm by Carlos Aviles Software
https://appsto.re/ca/e5aTx.i

image.jpg

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You might find Rain Aware interesting as well. It provides 3 hour rain predictions for your area; based on weather radar and wind directions.

Darkskys offers 1 hour predictions, and a warning notification 15 minutes before it's supposed to start raining; though in my experience it's usually more like 5 minutes after it's started to rain.

I like Rain Aware best. If it is raining, or looks like it might, I use it to decide the best time to walk the dog.

OP
I

islandman

My son-in-law says he has it on his iPhone, so I will go and have another look, thanks

Ps it seems rain aware is USA only

Pops, got it, but without button, read details and it's for ios 8, ah well.

OP
I

islandman

No problem, at least you tried to help.

I'm trying to muster up the nerve to upgrade to system 8

OP
I

islandman

I've upgraded hoo Ray. Once I've looked to see if I can spot any changes, I'm off to App Store to pick up a few things.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

I've upgraded hoo Ray. Once I've looked to see if I can spot any changes, I'm off to App Store to pick up a few things.
Congratulations! Please let us know how you like iOS 8.1.3. We're also here to help if you have any questions or problems with the update. BTW, we're expecting Apple to release iOS 8.2 sometime later today.

OP
I

islandman

Congratulations! Please let us know how you like iOS 8.1.3. We're also here to help if you have any questions or problems with the update. BTW, we're expecting Apple to release iOS 8.2 sometime later today.

That is interesting about version 8.2. Anyway, I was beginning to think it wasn't all it was cracked up to be, as safari wasn't loading, but searched and found I should go to settings - reset which I did, then it cleared up

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That is interesting about version 8.2. Anyway, I was beginning to think it wasn't all it was cracked up to be, as safari wasn't loading, but searched and found I should go to settings - reset which I did, then it cleared up
It's always recommended to do the reset, especially after a large update. Also, it can take a while for things to settle down as the iPad contents have to be re-indexed. In a day or two you should notice a little more speed increase.

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Storm app shows lots of details including graphic of approaching precipitation. Also try WeatherPro HD app Which is all singing, all dancing with nice radar, satellite and many other graphics. BeWeather app is really nice (drag down for radar) and has a widget. Short term rain forecast (current and next hour) is available on Dark Sky app, but that's all, still useful if you just want to quickly see if it's OK to walk the dog !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
I

islandman

Storm app shows lots of details including graphic of approaching precipitation. Also try WeatherPro HD app Which is all singing, all dancing with nice radar, satellite and many other graphics. BeWeather app is really nice (drag down for radar) and has a widget. Short term rain forecast (current and next hour) is available on Dark Sky app, but that's all, still useful if you just want to quickly see if it's OK to walk the dog !

When I read your post, I thought "another one specific to USA", then looked at your location and see it's UK, so will have a look and report back, thanks

WeatherPro looks good, but it's £3.99 and by saying storm, do you mean storm sim free that looks largely black ?

OP
I

islandman

When I read your post, I thought "another one specific to USA", then looked at your location and see it's UK, so will have a look and report back, thanks

WeatherPro looks good, but it's £3.99 and by saying storm, do you mean storm sim free that looks largely black ?

I now have it and it is great thank. I won't fiddle about with it, just accept what I have. Maybe you will throw your advice this way later.

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Islandman. The storm app is by Wunderland. The icon looks like a lightning bold.

Weatherpro costs, but I have found it well worth it. I use it often each day.

Most reactions

Latest posts