What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stylus

Hazi1610

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, have just joined having got myself the iPad Air 2. Was thinking of getting a stylus to try out some artwork but would like to know for certain that a stylus will work on the iPad Air 2.

I was thinking of an Adonit one, can't remember which one in particular offhand but am assuming that if one works, they all will. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Looking forward to learning and sharing within the forums.

Thanks for reading

Alison.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to iPad Forums, Hazi1610!
We're here to help with any questions or problems you may have.

Thomas1977

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Except for the very special and expensive Apple Pencil I think most stylus are the same. I don't use one much with my mini 2 but I have something called the am pen.

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Alison, Welcome to the Forum! Adonit have quite a wide range of different styluses. They are all described on their website.

OP
H

Hazi1610

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Alison, Welcome to the Forum! Adonit have quite a wide range of different styluses. They are all described on their website.

Yes, as I have discovered. Lol. I think the one I would need would be the TOUCH but that's a tad expensive. I don't want to spend a lot initially in case I don't get on with using the iPad for drawing.

May be an idea to just get a really cheap one to start with and just play and see what I think.

OP
H

Hazi1610

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Will do. Do you know which ones apart from the TOUCH are pressure sensitive?

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You don't want pressure sensitive or "resistive". You need a capacitative nib. ( Capacitative touchscreen displays rely on the electrical properties of the human body to detect when and where on a display the user touches).
I have a Wacom Bamboo stylus. They also have a notebook style App to complement it.

Last edited:
OP
H

Hazi1610

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I want it for detailed realistic drawing. Scuse me for being a bit thick here but I thought the pressure sensitive one meant you used it like a real pencil. Haha. Oops.

Ok, will look at some and just make sure they're capacitive.

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
That's right. You will find it a completely different experience to actually using a pencil and paper. You may incidentally like to take a look at Inspire Pro. It is a painting/drawing App which you can use either with your finger or a stylus, but gives a huge range of effects.

OP
H

Hazi1610

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's right. You will find it a completely different experience to actually using a pencil and paper. You may incidentally like to take a look at Inspire Pro. It is a painting/drawing App which you can use either with your finger or a stylus, but gives a huge range of effects.

Went to the App Store and searched for Inspire Pro but it didn't come up in the results?

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Yes, you do have to scroll down to find it! There used to be a free version as well, but I paid for mine and I don't know how much it is now as it doesn't show the price once you have purchased it.

Most reactions