What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stylus

rhardin

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Does anyone use a stylus on the iPad mini? Is it more helpful or more of a pain?

michali

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I keep buying styluses which are all good but I forget to use them! However, if you are writing a lot of notes, it is much easier with a stylus.

TwinsisterWendy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use mine plus a keyboard. Main reason is that I hate it when the screen gets all greasy from my fingers touching it. It works fine for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a stylus which came free with a cover that I bought for my Mini, it's one of those rubber tipped ones which I only use when I'm signing a PDF so it has proved useful.

The Archangel

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I ordered a 10 pack for $2.99--they are racing red. I have used it on my mini when I play my detective games! :)

lowertech

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Absolutely... although finding a perfect one is difficult. I don't like finger prints on the screen though, so I keep trying...

R.White

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes - use a stylus especially for writing apps. The first I bought was the cheapest I could find and did not slide smoothly over the screen. Subsequent ones have cost a bit more and have worked a lot better.

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
i always use a stylus, my latest one a Tecknet stylus off Amazon has fabric tip rather than the usual rubber tip, i have been using it for a few weeks now and i'm finding it really good.....it was really cheap too.

R.White

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I should have added that the best styluses I have found are the ones with a see-through disc on the end (instead of the squidgy black dome). The reason for this is that they allow you to see the point at which you are writing/drawing. The ones in this category which I have used are the Adonit Jot and the Hex3 Jaja.
Interestingly in the blog on the Hex3 Jaja site ( Convert Your Mechanical Pencil to A Stylus with JaJa Teflon Tips ) there is advice (which I followed) to fit one of their teflon tips in an ordinary (metal) 0.7mm propelling pencil. This is quite an economical solution as 4 tips are $20!

Pinkipad2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have nails so need it but if I break a nail, I have fat fingers, so it's mandatory. I usually buy a pack of 10 for $3 or $4 on Amazon. eBay has some good dels as well. They generally come from China in about 10 days. I jave a Mini and 2 so need more than a coupe around. They wear out, get lost or are borrowed permanently.

Most reactions

Latest posts