What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stylus: Targus versus Stylus-R-Us Roger iWand

OP
MattIM

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks Hagisgirl for Your Review

I don't think you have broken any rules reposting your findings. I think this helps us all understand the S-R-U product.

BTW, are you British? "Hagis" is a very special British dish.

haggisgirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, I'm not "British" or Scottish, I happen to be of Swiss ancestry. However, I am married to a Scotsman by ancestry. And I really enjoy haggis.

Rev mike

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone know of a good key chain stylus?

I want something I could hook to my keys.

The targus has a hole in the little post on the non writing end. It looks just like it was make for a keychain. It's a bit, not too much, long for a keychain, and I have NO idea how strong it is. But I thought I would throw that out there.

-Mike

kvizzel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone know of a good key chain stylus?

I want something I could hook to my keys.

The targus has a hole in the little post on the non writing end. It looks just like it was make for a keychain. It's a bit, not too much, long for a keychain, and I have NO idea how strong it is. But I thought I would throw that out there.

-Mike

Sweet, thanks for info, maybe I'll look into it more!

Stefx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The targus stylus does have a clip like most pens...I sometimes clip it to the "fold" of the Apple neoprene case and the close the case. Not perfect, but handy to carry the stylus along with the iPad

OP
MattIM

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Nine Days Out

Update. I'm finding that the SRU Roger iWand is still my preferred stylus--it is very light to hold AND requires very little pressure on the iPad surface. The one problem I'm finding is that it is too long to carry along when I'm walking around with the iPad.

So I've been walking around with my Targus stylus as it has a clip that fits in my shirt pocket. When I switch from one stylus to another the difference is remarkable. I jab and press with the Targus but barely touch with the iWand.

Any body else with their stylus experience?

JackBauer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Update. I'm finding that the SRU Roger iWand is still my preferred stylus--it is very light to hold AND requires very little pressure on the iPad surface. The one problem I'm finding is that it is too long to carry along when I'm walking around with the iPad.

So I've been walking around with my Targus stylus as it has a clip that fits in my shirt pocket. When I switch from one stylus to another the difference is remarkable. I jab and press with the Targus but barely touch with the iWand.

Hey Matt - you've interrupted my watching Hawaii Five-O but I'll forgive you. Send me via email your roger iWand pay pal receipt and I'll sent you a free high end stylus to try out. You can keep it for 79 years but after that I want it back. Select between the genesis - Mercedes or Maserati.

Lavenderlady*w*iPad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've had my StylusRUs 9" Roger wand & 4" stylus since last Wednesday. I am really liking them both!! In fact I am typing this with the 4" stylus right now! I also have a Pogo Sketch stylus and I like the two Stylusrus styli far better than the Pogo!

For handwriting the Roger wand or short stylus are far superior. The Pogo has to be held just so for it to work and even then it will miss strokes in letters. It requires a lot more pressure, where the Roger needs just the lightest touch and you hold it like you would a pen or pencil. It writes smoothly and I don't miss strokes in letters.

The longer Roger is great for scrolling and both are excellent for hitting the tiny page numbers in forums without having to enlarge the page. It is a little awkward for writing, though I am getting used to it, but it is really nice for drawing. It feels almost like a paint brush in hand.

I use the short stylus when reading and taking notes in bed. I slip it into my pocket to carry it during the day, but the tip does get a bit compressed so needs a touch to the Velcro to get it ready to write again.

My iPad is the first touch device I have owned so I don't have much experience with stylus use. I was disappointed in the way the Pogo performed and after reading about the StylusRus styli decided to try them out. They work the way I hoped a stylus would work with a touch more like a pen but even lighter. The tips need occasional grooming with the Velcro but that isn't a big problem. i haven't used the Pogo at all since getting the Roger wand & the 4" stylus! I would recommend the StylusRUs products without reservation.

And my disclaimer, I am in no way associated with the company. I sell crystals and minerals full time on eBay and am not a computer geek at all!!

OP
MattIM

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Hey Matt - you've interrupted my watching Hawaii Five-O but I'll forgive you. Send me via email your roger iWand pay pal receipt and I'll sent you a free high end stylus to try out. You can keep it for 79 years but after that I want it back. Select between the genesis - Mercedes or Maserati.

BUT, I already have it on my Christmas list to get a Maserati. That is a beautiful stylus, from what I can see on your website. I'm thinking I might get this stylus by Christmas, if not sooner. I can't wait! I wish YOU had influence with ZAGG so I can get their new Zaggmate with Blue Tooth Keyboard. I'm afraid that is a bit beyond my friends' ability.

Lavenderlady*w*iPad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Three weeks,still going strong!

Update: I've been using my SRU styli for three weeks and a bit now and absolutely love them!! My pogo stylus has been put back in it's box and sits on a shelf in the storage closet. Haven't been tempted to use it even once!

The 4" stylus is on my nightstand for use when I am using my iPad in bed, the 9" Roger iWand goes wherever I go with my iPad!

There was a bit of a learning curve, but it was worth every minute! I haven't tried the targus stylus to compare, if I come across some one with one, I will, but I would never spend the money on any other stylus now!

This was typed with the Roger, I do all my handwriting notes with it and drawing too, and it is excellent for scrolling. I really like how much cleaner my screen stays too!

Just thought I'd post an update after using them a while in case any one was wondering how they held up. Going strong, and still recommend them!

rsmin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just curious? With my age it is getting a little harder to hold regular size pens. Can anyone tell which of the stylus at Stylus-R-US would be thicker, thus making it a little easier for me to hold?

Thanks

OP
MattIM

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hello rsmin, I am not a company representative but

I have the aluminum Roger iWand, very light. I now have the Masserati version. It is very pen like and elegant. It is also thicker like a good quality pen. I had it in my shirt pocket the other day and someone asked to borrow a pen and reached for it and was surprised!

Try this link and go hunting!

STYLUS-R-US*** -**** WE HAVE NO COMPETITION! - MOTTO

Last edited:

Heaviside

iPF Novice
Reaction score

BUT, I already have it on my Christmas list to get a Maserati. That is a beautiful stylus, from what I can see on your website. I'm thinking I might get this stylus by Christmas, if not sooner. I can't wait! I wish YOU had influence with ZAGG so I can get their new Zaggmate with Blue Tooth Keyboard. I'm afraid that is a bit beyond my friends' ability.

I was quite interested in following up on some of these styli, and tried to follow the links either the posters or the system put in---such as when Matt said he checked out Jack's website--- but the link only points to a catchall advert thread that doesn't seem to have any relevance. Am I just being my usual dumb self or is something haywire on the site?

Thanks.

P.S. When I try to quote, the quote fills up the reply box and I have to cut and paste to get to the bottom to add my reply. Sorry if I am getting off topic here!

rsmin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks

I have the aluminum Roger iWand, very light. I now have the Masserati version. It is very pen like and elegant. It is also thicker like a good quality pen. I had it in my shirt pocket the other day and someone asked to borrow a pen and reached for it and was surprised.

Try this link and go hunting!

STYLUS-R-US*** -**** WE HAVE NO COMPETITION! - MOTTO

Matt,

Thanks for the response. Will check it out.

Rusty

Most reactions

Latest posts