1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Stylus reccomendation

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by Taidgh, Jan 16, 2012.

1. Taidgh

Taidgh iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I guys,

I recently got an iPad stylus in the hope that I could write my college notes on my iPad. However my current stylus is far too chunky at the tip for writing. I was wondering if anyone could recommend a fine tip stylus of there is one or if there is a DIY option.

Thank you :)
  2. jsh1120

jsh1120 iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +87 / 0
    There are several "point" tip styluses available. The best known is probably the "Jot" from Adonit. Dagi makes one as well. Each uses a transparent collar around the point to make contact with the screen in order to activate a mark. I've used the Jot Pro and it works relatively well but has some issues associated with missed strokes. (You can check the discussion of the issues on this forum.) Another option, and the best styluses, imo, are from iFaraday.com. You can also find extensive discussion of those products on this board.
  3. nightjar25

nightjar25 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i have used the pogo one but find the bamboo stylus much better.
  4. helix2000

helix2000 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I know a few folks that use the Jot Pro and swear by it. I will be getting one as soon as I can afford it.
  5. jsh1120

jsh1120 iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +87 / 0
    If you do a search of this forum you'll find that a number of people have had problems with "missed strokes" using the Jot Pro (me included.) The "fix" is to apply a tiny dab of conductive grease where the tip of the stylus attaches to the "collar." The problem appears to be a quality control issue in the manufacturing process and may have been resolved by now but the problem was widespread among those who purchased the Jot Pro a few months ago.